Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 134
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:43 AM

This is something I am interested in and we have been researching "Mediashout".  How will Proclaim compare?  Will it be worth waiting to examine?  I would like to hear from those who have a program they particularly like.  Thanks!

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:43 AM

Gene, we use SongShow Plus and have for years. I would not trade SongShow for what Proclaim offers. I've been in the Alpha test group and have learned a lot about the limitations of Proclaim there. If you need collaboration over the Internet, or if you need worship presenter software for people who don't have the time or inclination to learn a more robust program, then Proclaim might be an option. If you have people willing to learn how to use MediaShout or one of the other packages, that would be the direction I'd head.

Proclaim seems to be targeted at small churches where there are few tech savvy persons who feel comfortable learning software and having a lot of options. If you are in that niche, then Proclaim might be for you.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 171
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 9:21 AM

Mark,

Thanks for the thoughtful response.  I did not get this impression from their video, but it is good to know.  We have used MediaShout at our church for a couple of years now.  One thing we do like is since we tend to not use "stock" lyrics for our songs we can build our own library, which might be lost with a software like Proclaim.  It seemed to me like Proclaim was MediaShout + easy collaboration, but maybe it just trades easy collaboration for some rich functionality.

Posts 4
Frank DeWitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 10:37 AM

We used Sunday Plus, then Media Shout, and now Pro presenter (over about 10 years)  We are very happy with pro presenter and get around the group / remote issue by using PC any ware software.  

I look forward to proclaim because a fresh look from a great company has to be a good thing, but there is some very good stuff out there.

Frank 

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 11:29 AM

I use good old PowerPoint on Sunday Morning. My animations are vary basic...moving forwards walks through the outline on the slide. We use iWorship videos which Logos has said will work with Proclaim. As the Pastor I do all of the moving through slides during the service because we really don't have anyone who would want to take it on. Using Custom Shows I'm able to switch between the announcements that rotate in a loop before the service and the service slides by pushing a button twice on a standard remote.

All that to say I could see Proclaim benefiting our congregation. I need to see the uploading of video function in action before I commit. I plan on getting around the limited formatting options by creating my show in Powerpoint, saving it as pictures, and then adding the pictures to proclaim. I can see how the collaboration features of proclaim can benefit our church and I think in the end it will be worth the additional work.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 12:09 PM

John Eggen:
 It seemed to me like Proclaim was MediaShout + easy collaboration

I can't comment on MediaShout but one of the limitations imposed with Proclaim is having to use their templates and having no formatting ability over those templates. So if you feel a need for bold text in some parts of a slide, or want to center some information, or would like bigger type somewhere, you are out of luck. The template controls the format. As I said, those who want simplicity, who can enter text but want the software do the rest may like Proclaim. It won't suit our needs. SongShow Plus takes a bit of time to learn but it isn't inscrutable. I imagine MediaShout is similar.

Perhaps it would be better to outline exactly the features you want in a worship projection program, then shop around for the features. I haven't seen a features list for Proclaim, so it may take some digging to learn what it does and doesn't do. With research, some will find all the features they need in Proclaim. Others will not. I wouldn't buy it (or anyone else's software) based on a promotional video alone. It is good to ask questions.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1
Lyden Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2011 1:20 PM

Hey, I'm not too clear about what 'Proclaim' will be all about, but I thought I would throw in a reference to EasyWorship.  This is a church presentation program that my church currently uses; we've used SongShow Plus in the past, and I can confidently say I at least personally preferred EasyWorship.  This program is quite easy to use, and there is a free trial online.  It links nicely with the CCLI licensing to import songs into the database.  I've heard good things about MediaShout too, but just thought I would let you know about another option!

Posts 556
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 4:56 AM

Lyden Price:

Hey, I'm not too clear about what 'Proclaim' will be all about, but I thought I would throw in a reference to EasyWorship.  This is a church presentation program that my church currently uses; we've used SongShow Plus in the past, and I can confidently say I at least personally preferred EasyWorship.  This program is quite easy to use, and there is a free trial online.  It links nicely with the CCLI licensing to import songs into the database.  I've heard good things about MediaShout too, but just thought I would let you know about another option!

want to add a ditto exactly.  we went from hand written overhead tranparancies, to computer printed ones, to powerpoint, to SS+, and now we use EW.  the CCLI connection is something that we cna't live without now.

Posts 18
Paul D. Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 10:00 AM

We have MediaShout and it worked fine as long as the person who knew it was there to run it. It has a HUGE learning curve and the guy that knew it moved away. Four or five people have tried to learn it / run it and just can't do it. We are looking forward to Proclaim. We are Alpha testing it at our church right now.

Posts 72
Mariano Proto | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 12:14 PM

Hey Mark, just have a quick question. I looking for a peace of software that will help me with my sermons slides, such templates already design...such as graceway media... Is proclaim going to fit my needs?

Thanks

Mariano 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS