B7 - Crash after adding shortcut

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 21
Paul Myers | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 18 2011 8:50 AM | Locked

I was pleased to see the new feature of adding URLs to the shortcut bar but I got myself into trouble by trying to add a shortcut to a .pdf file. The shortcut appeared on the bar but when I tried to clicking on it I experienced a kernel panic.

After restarting the computer, Logos will launch but crashes when trying to load the layout. (The layout is a simple 2 panel I use for devotions - NKJV Bible one left, Spurgeon M&E on right). Tried starting Logos in offline mode but it will not load past the login screen. I end up with the spinning beach ball and must do a force quit.

I am posting logs and will be grateful for any assistance.

Posts 21
Paul Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 10:56 AM | Locked

Problem resolved. I was able to get back up and running by deleting the shortcuts.db located at /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/qtbos4qi.9qw/ShortcutsManager. 

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 10:57 AM | Locked

Paul ~  I will submit your logs to development. In the meantime, try opening Logos to a blank layout. Immediately after clicking the dock icon, hold down the Command key until the Sign In window appears. Under the Work Offline button you'll see a "Use blank layout" checkbox. Select that and click Sign In.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 10:58 AM | Locked

Paul Myers:

Problem resolved. I was able to get back up and running by deleting the shortcuts.db located at /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/qtbos4qi.9qw/ShortcutsManager. 

I guess we were writing at the same time.  :o) 

I will still submit your logs so they can determine what may have caused the problem.

Posts 21
Paul Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:06 AM | Locked

Thanks Melissa. There is still something strange as I had another kernel panic while trying to add a safe layout to the shortcut bar. Upon restart Logos came up as normal with the shortcut I had just tried to add. Clicking on it worked as it should - bringing up the layout. Thanks for your help.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 1:36 PM | Locked

Paul Myers:

Thanks Melissa. There is still something strange as I had another kernel panic while trying to add a safe layout to the shortcut bar. Upon restart Logos came up as normal with the shortcut I had just tried to add. Clicking on it worked as it should - bringing up the layout. Thanks for your help.

Are you still getting these errors when adding shortcuts?  If you are, after the error or crash, and before restarting Logos, please attach the Logos4.log.  (It appears that the previous log was generated after restarting Logos 4, so the crash data was overwritten).

Posts 21
Paul Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2011 1:53 PM | Locked

No, I have not had anymore problems. Smile Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS