Old Testament Library

Page 2 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 50 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 22 2013 4:47 PM

I just purchased a used copy of von Rad's Genesis - would sure would be great in Logos. 

Posts 890
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 3:39 AM

Childs Isaiah Commentary is a set text for my seminary course. I would love it if I could get it in logos. Yes

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:23 AM

Yep. We need this.

Posts 3
LJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 6:05 PM

I just want to add my vote to have this digitised.

I've used a number of these volumes mainly for academic studies. They were all quality volumes, but two in particular stand out so far:

• Habel's commentary on the Book of Job is thought provoking and just as important as Clines' work in the WBC series.
  • Brevard Child's single volume on Isaiah is an excellent treatment of the text and I would rank equally to Oswalt's (NICOT, 2 volumes) and Goldingay's (ICC, Isaiah 40-55) commentary.
Posts 16
Luke Ture | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:24 PM

I want to read Von Rad on Genesis in Logos please.

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 12:43 AM

You're not alone, Luke! But, so far, no word that anything is happening behind-the-scenes to make me believe OTL is in the works. :(

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:16 AM

Just bumping this up again.

We need OTL/NTL in Logos! I'm eagerly awaiting Beverly Roberts Gaventa's NTL volume on Romans and I'd love to not have to buy the book because the series is available in Logos instead.

Any chance we could get an idea from Logos if this is even being pursued?

I, for one, would purchase the entire series without hesitation.

Posts 1907
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 5:58 PM

Some of these are now showing up!

https://www.logos.com/product/40820/the-old-testament-library-series

https://www.logos.com/product/40821/the-new-testament-library-series

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 911
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 8:32 PM

I hope the other ones arrive too especially the Pentateuch Joshua Jeremiah and Chronicles.

Posts 1907
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 8:52 PM

Jeremiah is included.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 1:55 AM
I am wondering why these cant begin as complete offerings? Childs on Exodus, McKane on Proverbs, Von Rad on Genesis and Deuteronomy are some of my go to commentaries on those books...there are also non-commentary books by authours such as John J Collins...the series is quite varied...and I'd like to have them all! Pretty please...:)
Posts 646
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 3:32 AM

just for link completeness

http://bestcommentaries.com/series/new-testament-library-ntl/

also many of these were at least at one time published by SCM Press in the UK

Shalom

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 7:22 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

just for link completeness

http://bestcommentaries.com/series/new-testament-library-ntl/

also many of these were at least at one time published by SCM Press in the UK

Shalom

The "Best Commentaries" site doesn't particularly impress me.  It would seem that the serious reviewers are heavily outweighed by a great mass of those who qualifications cannot be determined partly because they don't use anything approaching a recognizable name.  About all you can say is "someone liked / didn't like it."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:24 PM

Joseph Turner:

Oh my goodness, I'm SO excited! Thank you for letting us know!

This is HUGE!

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:52 PM

Do You think its a good idea for me to buy NTL with the extra account I have for a friend, so that I would be able to discuss passages with the friend?
The commentaries I have are listed in the posts: www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12127#entry56138
Unix's recent purchases, including upgrade DVD

When it comes to NT books I'm thinking of discussing Eph and Jude. Later on also 2 Cor 1-7 and Col.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 4,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.1 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 3:25 PM

Unix:

Do You think its a good idea for me to buy NTL with the extra account I have for a friend, so that I would be able to discuss passages with the friend?
The commentaries I have are listed in the posts: www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12127#entry56138

When it comes to NT books I'm thinking of discussing Eph and Jude. Later on also 2 Cor 1-7 and Col.

I think it's a good idea for you to make up your own mind on this rather than relying on someone else to decide for you.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 6:26 AM

At the point when the friend has grown tired of perusing the set an option would be for me to transfer the license for it to my account. Meanwhile I probably have enough books to read and studies to keep up with:

George Somsel:
I think it's a good idea for you to make up your own mind on this rather than relying on someone else to decide for you:
Unix:

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.1 Acc 11

Posts 2644
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 23 2014 1:14 PM

Unix:

When in doubt, don't buy. If the doubt goes away, problem solved; you no longer have need to ask. If you're asking, there is doubt. You are asking. So don't buy.

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 23 2014 2:23 PM

In this case there are 2 problems:

1. Some of the volumes are really old. That's not a major problem regarding the Pauline theology volumes since I'm against the NPP.
  2. My mind will change back and forth many times during the pre-pub period, mostly because of the decision to make with which account to buy it:
    SineNomine:
    When in doubt, don't buy. If the doubt goes away, problem solved; you no longer have need to ask. If you're asking, there is doubt. You are asking. So don't buy.

If I would always need to be sure, I would not have bought ⅝ of the books I have and would have missed the purpose of building a somewhat complete library for somewhat serious studies. In the future when I set aside a lot of time, I want to be able to do work efficiently without being disturbed by book purchase choices to make. So I want to be soon done with the decision-making and the considering of each new offer (including the daily twitter deals and particularly the monthly sales which are kind of annoying as they mostly contain resources that have long since been superseded or that are really unpopular for good reasons that I agree about with those who haven't purchased).

Aply!
12G A9-9420 V8.1 Acc 11

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 23 2014 2:31 PM

Unix:

In this case there are 2 problems:

1. Some of the volumes are really old. That's not a major problem regarding the Pauline theology volumes since I'm against the NPP.
  2. My mind will change back and forth many times during the pre-pub period, mostly because of the decision to make with which account to buy it:
    SineNomine:

So don't buy it and repent at leisure when the price is higher.

george
gfsomsel

Page 2 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS