A Gift to ALL Catholics *smile*

Page 10 of 10 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10
This post has 197 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 28 2011 3:06 PM

Joan Korte:

Silent Sam:

K.J.:
Seems strange that after I Digress, The only ones throwing gas on the fire have a star by their name. Confused

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Sam, I gotta say sometimes your silence is just deafening. 

I think it's called the "Humming Chorus."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 34
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 28 2011 11:26 PM

George Somsel:

Joan Korte:

Silent Sam:

K.J.:
Seems strange that after I Digress, The only ones throwing gas on the fire have a star by their name. Confused

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Sam, I gotta say sometimes your silence is just deafening. 

Yes I think it's called the "Humming Chorus" Yes

Posts 77
K.J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 5:22 AM

Jack Caviness:
 As Matthew said above; you are not responsible for the rudeness and arrogance of others.
Matthew C Jones:

K.J.:
Matthew didn't use the words "Rudeness and Arrogance," You did.!

See how easy it is to read into a post something that is just not there? Cut everyone some slack.

OK, Matthew. I will attempt to do so. I want to believe that the misrepresentation of what you said was unintentional. It is most painful when we are faced with the possibility that one of our mentors, (In this case an MVP) has purposely distorted truth...and has failed to employ Discretion.     Is Discretion also a Latin word?   

Posts 34
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 11:55 AM

"Discretion" is Old English. Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 12:45 PM

K.J.:
  Is Discretion also a Latin word?

Of course

discretio, -onis.  "power of distinguishing, discernment."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2719
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 12:46 PM

Ted Hans:

Phil Gons Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:23 AM | Locked

Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.
  3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together.
  4. Please do not use our forums to
    • sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
    • promote or link to competitors
    • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
    • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
    • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.
  5. Please search before posting. It’s likely that someone has already asked your question.
  6. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.

Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy discussing and learning about Logos Bible Software.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 117
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 2:43 PM

Yes

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 7:57 PM

K.J.:

Jack Caviness:
 As Matthew said above; you are not responsible for the rudeness and arrogance of others.
Matthew C Jones:

K.J.:

See how easy it is to read into a post something that is just not there? Cut everyone some slack.

OK, Matthew. I will attempt to do so. I want to believe that the misrepresentation of what you said was unintentional. It is most painful when we are faced with the possibility that one of our mentors, (In this case an MVP) has purposely distorted truth...and has failed to employ Discretion.     Is Discretion also a Latin word?   

Zip it!

Posts 10667
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 4:58 AM

K.J.:

Jack Caviness:
Matthew C Jones:

K.J.:

My intention was to tell Milford that he was not responsible for the reactions of others to his original post, as Matthew had already said. Unfortunately, I injected extra words into my statement and implied stated that Matthew had said something that he had not said. I did not intentionally misrepresent him, but it was the result of carelessness—even stupidity. For that, I apologize. I also should not have characterized the responses to Milford as arrogant and rude. I do apologize and promise to use more discretion in the future.

Posts 77
K.J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 5:47 AM

Jack Caviness:
I do apologize and promise to use more discretion in the future.

Likewise, I regret any offense that was taken as a result of my comments. My convictions have not changed. I will, However, ponder a bit longer before hurling an unstoppable force at an immovable object. Smile

Posts 10667
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 6:13 AM

K.J.:
My convictions have not changed. I will, However, ponder a bit longer before hurling an unstoppable force at an immovable object. Smile

Almost all of us would benefit from such a resolution.

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 1:23 PM

Zip it!

Posts 34
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:08 PM

Silent Sam is my Hero. His Discretion is Exemplary. Sam For Prez !!!

Posts 117
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2011 12:25 PM

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 34
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2011 9:12 AM

Precisely !

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 5:48 PM

Great Discussion ! I'm gonna like this Forum !

Posts 498
Greg Masone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 11:24 PM

George Somsel:
I would encourage Logos to do its own translation of the Quran in a very faithful version -- assiduously avoiding softening the harsh parts.  This would make clear to all the insidious nature of Islam.  Its prophet is a false prophet, a prophet of Satan himself, and a paedophile.  Its god is not the God of the bible but Satan himself since God would not countenance that set forth in the Quran.  Islam is interested in submission (much like the Obama regime), not in conviction.  Remember:  "He who is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

George,

I know of a man who is doing a translation like this that is nearly complete. He is one of the top-ranking English speakers of Arabic in America who is actively involved in bringing the gospel to Muslims. Perhaps he would be interested in allowing Logos to publish his translation when it is finished. If you're interested, talk to Logos about this and let me know. I can pass the word on to him if Logos is interested.

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 6:35 PM

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Page 10 of 10 (198 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 | RSS