Basic Library Level

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:25 PM

Is there a way to tell in Logos 4 what level of basic libraray, if any, the resources are at?

For example -

About Logos Basic Resource Library

Scholar's Library: Platinum (LE)

or

Scholar's Library: Platinum (KF)

Living in the Fruit of the Spirit! Big Smile

For the glory of God alone! Yes

Posts 21848
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:36 PM

Hi Dennis

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are looking for here.

In the recent change from LE to KF, Bradley outlined the changes in http://community.logos.com/forums/t/28219.aspx. They were described as:

Here’s what’s changed (not all of these apply to all base packages):

1. At Zondervan’s request, we’ve replaced the TNIV and NIV (1984) with the new 2011 NIV. The license is included, and the file is just about finished. It will automatically download as soon as it’s ready.
  2. We’ve added the NET Bible Notes as a separate resource. In previous base packages, the notes were included only as footnotes in the Bible text itself. Now you will be able to view them in a separate panel alongside your Bible text.
  3. We’ve added the Logos LXX Variants and its corresponding reverse interlinear.
  4. We’ve added a new Book of Common Prayer lectionary.
  5. At Baker’s request, we removed their titles from a few of our collections. They are still available for purchase on our website as add-on products.

So - for instance - do you want to know that the new BCP lectionary was introduced as part of the KF upgrade as was the 2011 NIV, or are you looking for something else?

What are you planning to do with this sort of information?

Graham

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:46 PM

Here is a link to the Logos compare packages page.  Perhaps it will answer your question.

Logos Bible Software - Comparison Chart - Logos Bible Software

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 24842
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:47 PM

Dennis Audet:
Is there a way to tell in Logos 4 what level of basic libraray, if any, the resources are at?

No. You need to consult your Order History on the web page for that level of information.

You can only see what resources were (recently) updated from the Last Updated column in Library or from the Home page.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:49 PM

Graham,

When I open my Logos 4 software, is there a way for me to tell what base library is installed (there are seven base packages) and at what level the base package is at (for example: RA, QB, OC, LE, KF)? Some of these were exclusive to L3 and some to L4. Is this information visible anywhere in the product? I can find out to what release level the Logos engine is at with Help > About Logos Bible Software. It opens a dialog which shows me Logos Bible Software 4.2 SR-2 (4.20.48828). However, this tells me nothing about the basic resource library installed and a what version that library is at. Is this info available somewhere in Logos and I just don't know about it?

Thanks...

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:49 PM

No, there is currently no way to see what base package you have in your Logos installation. However, you can see it in your order history at Logos.com

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:53 PM

Jerry,

Thanks for the link. However, this definitely does NOT answer my question.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 4:28 PM

Dennis Audet:

Thanks for the link. However, this definitely does NOT answer my question.

Orders page has 4 sections => https://www.logos.com/user/orders - history section has previous orders, including base package purchases and upgrades.

Like idea of including base package level in Logos 4 "About" information (perhaps on line with licensed to)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 4:55 PM

Would anyone know where to make a suggestion to Logos on the forums in regard to this issue?

Thanks.

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:30 PM

Dennis Audet:
Would anyone know where to make a suggestion to Logos on the forums in regard to this issue?

If you go to the forums main page, there is a forum solely for suggestions right below the iPhone/iPad forum. http://community.logos.com/forums/

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:37 PM

Dave, Kevin, ET. AL.,

The order history is not convenient and is not true if the base package was purchased at a commercial retail store as some are. This info could be easily stored in the product on the client machine and backed up - synchronized - with all the other resource and configuration metadata with the servers.

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:39 PM

Thanks Rick. I don't get to the forums often enough...

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 23 2011 5:48 PM

Peace to you, Dennis!

*smile*

Frankly, I don't think it's even POSSIBLE to purchase a base package at a commercial retail store.  It seems to me that one can only purchase a base package through Logos.com or a Logos sales rep.   ????

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 56
David Langer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 7:44 PM

Milford is correct since the move to Logos4 -- however Libronix and earlier versions were available via various vendors.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS