syntax search question

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 24 2011 9:10 AM

How do I perform suntax search to find verses that match the following criteria?

1. two nouns joined by the conjunction kai and only the first noun preceded by an article.

2. the nouns are personal, singular and proper name.

The technical term for this syntactic construction is called Granville Sharp rule. Dr. Wallace in his book on Greek Grammar indicates that there are about 80 occurrences on this construction. 

Logos has three syntax tagged databases. I tried each of them and still not able to produce an accurate result. Of the three databases, Cascadia offers the closest match for my query but the result is still very inaccurate.

I appreciate any help on this.

I hope Logos can provide a good document and ample examples on how to use the syntax query. The templates are not helpful for me as I need to know how to perform my own query.

Thanks.

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 9:17 AM

Ka-Liong,

As I'm sure you know, finding Granville-Sharp is non-trivial. However, it has been attempted before. These posts may help you out:

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 9:59 AM

Mark,

I should have search the forums for this type of question. Thanks for your help. I will look into those posts. This will at least provide some help for me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS