Shopping in logos.com...

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 30
Tommi Karjalainen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 5 2011 11:12 AM

Every time I go to shopping inside logos.com, I find it difficult, because I don't know necessarily which book on the list are already included in my base package. Is there a way to discern this form the list - I think this option would be really essential!

And when I open a page about a book / set, the page should show into which base packages it belongs already, so that customer might consider upgrading instead of buying a separate volume.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 11:34 AM

Tommi Karjalainen:

Every time I go to shopping inside logos.com, I find it difficult, because I don't know necessarily which book on the list are already included in my base package. Is there a way to discern this form the list - I think this option would be really essential!

And when I open a page about a book / set, the page should show into which base packages it belongs already, so that customer might consider upgrading instead of buying a separate volume.

One way to tell is that the purchase button for titles you own should be grey, while those you don't should be blue.

However, this isn't completely reliable, in that some titles you do own may still show as blue. The only way to be sure is to have Logos4 open and search your library (CTRL-L) for the title before buying.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 11:41 AM

First, the website is supposed to indicate to you which books you already own by showing the buttons in grey if you already own the book:

It doesn't work in all cases, but this is a known problem that they are working on. In principle, however, you should be able to rely on this.

Second, in the Recommendations section on the right-hand side of each product description page, you will see what bundles or base packages this title also appears in:

Posts 30
Tommi Karjalainen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 11:52 AM

Thank you for clearing things out for me! However, this information has to be dug out, it would be a lot easier if it would show some kind of text / info when you hover your mouse on the button / book.

Secondly, if you can's see a base package in recommendations, does it automatically mean, that it isn't in any of the base packages?

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 12:01 PM

Tommi Karjalainen:

Thank you for clearing things out for me! However, this information has to be dug out, it would be a lot easier if it would show some kind of text / info when you hover your mouse on the button / book.

Yes indeed. Believe me, though, what we have now is better than it used to be, where there was no indication whatsoever. I have several times accidentally bought something I already owned. However, the good news is that Customer Service is very understanding when you make that mistake and they will refund your purchase if you report it to them.

Tommi Karjalainen:

Secondly, if you can's see a base package in recommendations, does it automatically mean, that it isn't in any of the base packages?

That is correct. You can also check the comparison chart to see a listing of what is in all the base packages if you're trying to decide whether it might be better for you to upgrade to another base package rather than buying several books.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 2:07 PM

I perform one more check before I click the "Buy" button. I open Logos 4 and search my library for the resource by author and by title. Even then it is possible to get the spelling wrong ("archeology" versus "archaeology" ) or using the wrong author name.  I've only purchased duplicate resources about three or four times. It seems to occur when buying  individual titles that I had previously acquired in a collection.   (My mind focused on the other titles in the collection at that time.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3742
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 2:55 PM

Matthew C Jones:

I perform one more check before I click the "Buy" button. I open Logos 4 and search my library for the resource by author and by title. Even then it is possible to get the spelling wrong ("archeology" versus "archaeology" ) or using the wrong author name.  I've only purchased duplicate resources about three or four times. It seems to occur when buying  individual titles that I had previously acquired in a collection.   (My mind focused on the other titles in the collection at that time.)

This parallels my experience - I have yet to see a false positive (a grayed out title, that I actually have); like Matthew, I have seen several false negatives (a title looks like I do not own it, but I actually do).  I always double check my own collection.

I know that LOGOS has a generous return policy, I suspect that if you purchased a title that you already owned, a refund could be made, if requested within a reasonable time.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 13
Andy Carrein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 3:19 PM

What about Community Pricing?

I see some are grey and some are 'orange' or whatever color indicating it is not yet in my library. I'm not sure if this is very reliable in the CP store.

But then again, I'm also just new here on Logos..

Posts 31367
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 3:39 PM

Re; community pricing, these are not yet available so you don't have them in your library. There is a note on the page telling you that you have preordered it and giving the date on which you did so.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 4:21 PM

Floyd Johnson:
I have yet to see a false positive

I have. The one below has been grayed out for me for months, through pre-pub and now into new products. I've never clicked on that button; it's never been on my order page; it's never downloaded; and it isn't in my library. But it sure looks gray to me...

And I'm fairly certain I've seen it once or twice more.

As for false negatives, I have dozens. Including base packages! You'd think the system would at least know that if I have a higher base package, I have the lower ones as well...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 565
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 7:07 PM

Rosie Perera:
It doesn't work in all cases, but this is a known problem that they are working on.

And I don't think it ever will work 100% until they allow us to do it ourselves. Why waste time writing an algorithm that tries to guess what we have? We already know what we have. Let us do it! I think Amazon has an "I own it" check box when suggests new items to the customer.

Posts 7871
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 7:29 PM

Rosie's first and second recommendation don't always work.  I almost bought "Jesus Christ: The Greatest Life" during the x-mas sale, but chose to get another book instead -- recently, I had finally made the decision to buy the book but all of the sudden it turned out that I already owned it.  So guess what I'm doing right now:....yes, I'm reading through some of the chapters for short devotional studies for myself and to present to "small groups studies."

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 7:36 PM

David P. Moore:

And I don't think it ever will work 100% until they allow us to do it ourselves. Why waste time writing an algorithm that tries to guess what we have? We already know what we have. Let us do it! I think Amazon has an "I own it" check box when suggests new items to the customer.

They have to be able to correct 100% of the time.  Logos is responsible for sending you all of your resources when you install the program.  They do it based on the licenses listed in their database.  If they can do it for that purpose, then they should be able to do it for the website.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 31367
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 5 2011 8:10 PM

David P. Moore:
And I don't think it ever will work 100% until they allow us to do it ourselves.

Trust me - my accuracy would be horrid. Seriously, because of the way Logos 4 works, they have to be correct in what we own (including our notes and prayer lists, etc.) 100% of the time. The problem is with the web display not with the data behind it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 30
Tommi Karjalainen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 5:03 AM

Exactly! If we are subscribed, then it should be peace of cake for the programmers!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS