Regarding the EEC—So, what's the buzz?…

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 7 2011 9:49 AM

Are any details beginning to emerge as to what we can expect, in technological terms, from the first "major Bible commentary series…published in digital form before its print counterpart," that has not already been noted on the Commentary's website?

http://www.evangelicalexegeticalcommentary.com/about/

THE FINAL FORM

The publication of the EEC by Logos marks the first time a major Bible commentary series has been published in digital form before its print counterpart—and the first time it has been published with a digital format in mind.

Because it will be published by Logos, the EEC will be fully integrated into the most advanced biblical and theological library available anywhere, powered by Logos Bible Software. It will be accessible wherever Logos Bible Software’s platform is available, including Windows, Mac, and iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad. Users who purchase the EEC will also be able to access it online at Biblia.com, and on any future platform where Logos is available.

With the Logos edition, the EEC is completely searchable and full of hyperlinks for easy navigation—including links for Scripture references, cross-references, footnotes, and more. It contains accurate metadata and extensive tagging done by real humans, who understand that when you search for sacrament, results forLord’s Supper and Communion and Eucharist should appear, too.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 11:44 AM

Michael Anda:
Are any details beginning to emerge as to what we can expect, in technological terms
 Technologically we can expect it to be a set of Logos books/resources.  :-)  Though I'm sure you're asking something different, like perhaps details about the level of material?  In which case - AFAIK the answer is no.  But we are awaiting some pre-release demo's which I recall someone (Dan?) mentioning.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:04 PM

I'm talking feature comforts here.  Is there any known technological advancement anticipated due to the resources being designed from the ground up to work within the Logos context?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:08 PM

Got it.  I understand your question Michael and I hope I didn't come across to you as condecending as my post just sounded to me.  Surprise  I meant no condescension at all!

Sooo.... Back to your question.  

One of the benefits to be seen, while not a technological breakthrough is that without the constraints of space and page counts, the authors will be able to fully treat various topics perhaps through extended excurses wich otherwise couldn't have been done before in print.  I'm sure there is more than that, but that was one of the points from prior discussions which stuck out in my mind.

Beyond that, I'm not sure and I'm getting in line behind you to hear what else there is to hear.  :-)

Posts 13
Andy Carrein | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 3:16 PM

That is to my knowledge (no restriction on pages) one of the best aspects of this publication. Another one that stuck with me is the fact that all (or most) have access to a full blown Logos library to do their research in. I don't think this will make it redundant, but more insightful and with more views incorporated into this one publication.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 4:42 PM

Pastor Andy:
with more views incorporated into this one publication.
 An intriguing thought I hadn't considered.  I'm actually quite eager to get my fingers...err... keyboard around a few preview chapters.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 4:46 PM

Oh yes Michael, Don't miss this post by Dan Pritchett when the announcement was fresh...

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/22500/168192.aspx#168192

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS