Daily Sermon Reading

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 8 2011 3:26 AM

Does anyone know an easy way to setup a daily reading that would allow me to read a random sermon from my library. I can think of several ways to go about this but what I would like is to be able to sit down in the mornings and just click on a reading plan and have one of the many resources that contains sermons show up it would be great if it could rotate so I'm not just reading one pastor till I finish theirs. 

If anyone can tell me the quickest and easiest way to set this up, I would be very thankful.

In Christ,

Scott

Posts 2423
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 4:39 AM

Maybe we need to request this as an item on the Home Page?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 4:56 AM

I think it would be neat to be able to run FSD (Facilitate Serendipitous Discovery) on a Collection. Then you could create a collection of sermons and run the command on that collection and get a random sermon from it.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 6:31 AM

Kevin Becker:
FSD (Facilitate Serendipitous Discovery) on a Collection
 For those that don't know it: type FSD or the phrase into the command bar and you'll get a random jump to somewhere.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 52
Scott Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 8:09 PM

So is it possible to use FSD with a command for type and collection that would randomly open up a sermon. If so what would the command prompt look like?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 9 2011 2:56 AM

Scott Warren:

So is it possible to use FSD with a command for type and collection that would randomly open up a sermon. If so what would the command prompt look like?

Unfortunately it is not possible to use the FSD command to target a collection. My comment was made more as a feature suggestion than a strategy offered to accomplish your goals.

Logos is looking for summer interns... I wonder if this could be a project for one if them Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS