Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 12
Steve Egge | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 10 2011 6:17 AM

Just wondering when Logos will update the NAB

Released on March 9, 2011, the New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE) is the culmination of nearly 20 years of work by a group of nearly 100 scholars and theologians, including bishops, revisers and editors. The NABRE includes a newly revised translation of the entire Old Testament (including the Book of Psalms) along with the 1986 edition of the New Testament.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 8:17 AM

Steve Egge:

Just wondering when Logos will update the NAB

Released on March 9, 2011, the New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE) is the culmination of nearly 20 years of work by a group of nearly 100 scholars and theologians, including bishops, revisers and editors. The NABRE includes a newly revised translation of the entire Old Testament (including the Book of Psalms) along with the 1986 edition of the New Testament.

Have you made this suggestion in the suggestion forums, or written to suggest@logos.com? That would be the best way to get it to their attention. Beyond that, the matter would be between Logos and the publisher. You could also write the publisher and suggest that they approach Logos about such a joint venture.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 9:49 AM

I don't have a timeline at this point, but we already have plans to produce the NABRE.

Posts 12
Steve Egge | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 6:45 AM

THANKS for the info. 

Steve

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 6:38 PM

NABRE is now in prepub: http://www.logos.com/product/9355/new-american-bible-rev-ed.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 5:59 PM

Going to be a while before it gets enough orders for development though... :(

-dan

Posts 291
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 6:28 PM

Add one order here!

Posts 329
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 7:11 PM

BradN:

Add one order here!

Ditto

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:03 AM

This is most certainly on my "needs" list!                *smile*

Peace to all!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 11:30 AM

Does anyone know what changes were made to the NAB for the NABRE?

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:18 PM

fgh:

What am I missing here? Why won't the NABRE just be another bible in our base packages (I have Platinum for instance) and updated/included in due course?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:12 PM

James Thompson:
What am I missing here? Why won't the NABRE just be another bible in our base packages (I have Platinum for instance) and updated/included in due course?

Logos includes Bibles in various base packages => http://www.logos.com/comparison and => http://www.logos.com/catholiccomparison

Logos offers many more Bibles than are included in base packages => http://www.logos.com/products/search?Resource+Type=Bibles

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25664
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:41 PM

James Thompson:

That expectation would be more true for a Commentary collection or series. Whilst new volumes are initially sold as a pre-pub they usually get incorporated into the next base package update. New bibles usually replace an older version  e.g. NASB95 vs. NASB, NIV2011 vs. NIV84.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 28989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 22 2012 4:27 PM

The NABRE is included in some base packages and library builders. Since Logos is committed to providing it, I suspect it's time in pre-pub is to offer others the discount rather than to raise the funds to put it in the production stream.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25664
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2012 2:02 AM

MJ. Smith:
The NABRE is included in some base packages and library builders.

The NAB is not in the Logos Base Packages  (Home, Scholars,  Gold, etc) but is in some Catholic Library collections. The latter would likely be updated after a while.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2012 4:47 AM

Dave Hooton:

MJ. Smith:
The NABRE is included in some base packages and library builders.

The NAB is not in the Logos Base Packages  (Home, Scholars,  Gold, etc) but is in some Catholic Library collections.

I guess you've missed that according to Logos' terminology those are base packages, not "Library collections" (well, there's one Catholic Library Builder, but the other three are base packages):

(Btw, NAB and NABRE are two different resources, just as RSV and NRSV.)

MJ. Smith:
The NABRE is included in some base packages and library builders. Since Logos is committed to providing it, I suspect it's time in pre-pub is to offer others the discount rather than to raise the funds to put it in the production stream.

Actually, NABRE was in prepub almost half a year before those base packages and library builder existed. I had to cancel my order after buying the CLB, in order not to have to pay twice.

And although I know it says it ships in two weeks, I actually got mine a week ago. I guess they shipped early to those who've already paid, like they did with something else some months ago. How do you like this classification?:

Biblical Novellas?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 28989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2012 11:27 AM

fgh:
Biblical Novellas?

For the Maccabees? Someone has gone nuts

I have seen Jonah, Tobit and Judith described as short fiction. Not saying I agree simply saying  I've seen it in commentaries but never in a list of books of the Bible subheading.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 23 2012 6:04 PM

MJ. Smith:

fgh:
Biblical Novellas?

For the Maccabees? Someone has gone nuts

I have seen Jonah, Tobit and Judith described as short fiction. Not saying I agree simply saying  I've seen it in commentaries but never in a list of books of the Bible subheading.

While 1 Maccabees has generally been seen as a very historically accurate  book the same can not be said of the second. I am not saying there is not value in the book just less reliable from a historical front compared to the first book.

-Dan

Posts 25664
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2012 3:29 AM

fgh:
I guess you've missed that according to Logos' terminology those are base packages, not "Library collections"

They weren't described that way when I looked on the NAB info page!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10660
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2012 3:49 AM

Dave Hooton:

fgh:
I guess you've missed that according to Logos' terminology those are base packages, not "Library collections"

They weren't described that way when I looked on the NAB info page!

This description is the same for any resource collection, whether these are base packages or not. Compare NIV:

or an arbitrary other resource:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS