Simple Exact Search Question

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 93
painfree | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 12 2011 7:57 AM

I want to do a simple exact search and do not understand how to only get the word I am looking for.. I tried with and without quotes and there was no difference. 

I am searching in my entire library for only the word    righteousness        How do I set up my search so that is the only result that I am getting as I do not want  righteous or righteously or anything else  ?  

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2011 11:06 AM

when you want any exact word search just uncheck "match all word forms" under the drop down from the tab.

Also, if you want to match case, leave "match case" checked.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 93
painfree | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2011 9:25 PM

Great thank you I new I was missing something.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:48 AM

Just remember painfree, Logos remembers these settings and the next time you might need to change back the check the match all forms and match case settings so you get the search results you want.

Posts 93
painfree | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2011 5:08 AM

Roger that Kevin

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 4:33 PM

Robert Pavich:
when you want any exact word search just uncheck "match all word forms" under the drop down from the tab.

I don't think works when searching directly within a resource.  At present, for example, I have Fr Devin's new book, "Fulfilled in Christ" open.  I am searching via Ctrl + F for any mentions of the word "sea", but I keep finding seal and season.  Is it possible to restrict the resource search to prevent it searching all word forms??

Posts 29591
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 4:55 PM

It works on the inline search. In using Find you are requesting a simple string match.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS