Logos 4: Instant Large Print Books

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Jayson Bradley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 14 2011 8:48 AM

Logos 4: Instant Large Print Books     

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 9:39 AM

Thanks for putting that in large print Jayson.  I was having trouble reading this morning.  

In truth I resize my text all the time depending on what I'm doing, reading quickly is so much easier when I can see it easier.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2
Greg Henneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 10:46 AM

Thanks! I've been doing this for several years now! A question...when I copy text from my books into a note, it pastes in as small font, even though I have my notes font setting at 20 (no laughing please!). Then I have to highlight and reset the font to what I want. Is there a way to have it paste into my note at the correct setting?

Posts 17
Greg Puttmann | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 3:11 PM

This trick works fine for my for my program settings, but it does not transfer to my other resourses.

Posts 17
Greg Puttmann | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 3:14 PM

I had to increse Program Scaling under Accessibility to get it to work on my Logos.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 3:40 PM

For all us Mac users, this claim is ridiculous, to say the least:

"With Logos, however, I can continue to delay the spectacles because the software allows us to produce instant large print books".

Yes, I can produce the large print books, but how does that help me to avoid the spectacles? I still can't read the search results, the passage lists and so on without severe problems. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 102
Donn Heinrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:25 PM

Try typing in command bar "set default text size to" between 80 and 100%.

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:33 PM

fgh:

"With Logos, however, I can continue to delay the spectacles because the software allows us to produce instant large print books".

Yes, I can produce the large print books, but how does that help me to avoid the spectacles? I still can't read the search results, the passage lists and so on without severe problems. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I can increase the size of text for passage, exegetical, and word study guide. Hmm! A workaround would be to install Windows on the mac and run Logos under it. Or better yet, just get a PC. Big Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 11
Jim Orr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:45 PM

How about on the ipad app? I would love to see the ability to enlarge the font when opening a book in my library when reading something from the ipad.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 4:59 PM

Donn Heinrich:
Try typing in command bar "set default text size to" between 80 and 100%.

I beg you pardon? a) I want the text bigger, not smaller. b) I assume you're on PC? Like I just said, there is no size control yet on Mac, except for resources and Library.

Lynden Williams:
A workaround would be to install Windows on the mac and run Logos under it. Or better yet, just get a PC.

I assume you're offering to pay? Wink

Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer a virus free computer that never needs service, and an OS that doesn't take ages to learn.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 5:13 PM

fgh:
I assume you're offering to pay?
Here the deal. You buy me a mac, and I buy you a pc! My daughter would say, thats a good deal. Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 5:31 PM

Jim Orr:

How about on the ipad app? I would love to see the ability to enlarge the font when opening a book in my library when reading something from the ipad.

Logos iOS application does not implement multi-touch pinch for text size adjustment - in Logos, can tap on "More" then tap "Settings" - tap and drag Blue Dot to adjust Text Display (also can choose among 3 color schemes).

Logos has iPhone/iPad forum => http://community.logos.com/forums/74.aspx

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 6:10 PM

fgh:

Wiki http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Mac includes "PC has more font size options: Program Scaling (removed from Mac due to display issues) plus font slider adjustment in Bible Word Study (BWS), Collections, Exegetical Guide, Passage Guide, Passage List, Reading Plan, Search, and Text Comparison."

Looking forward to General Text Zooming in Logos 4 Mac - not know when.

Logos 4 Mac thread includes Universal Access option (zoom in/out) => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/30432.aspx

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10595
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 6:36 PM

Lynden Williams:
Hmm! A workaround would be to install Windows on the mac and run Logos under it. Or better yet, just get a PC. Big Smile

That would be like amputating your foot because the shoe does not fit. Big Smile

Posts 11
Jim Orr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 6:53 PM

Thanks. I thought I had looked everywhere. Now I can read easier, and I will keep smiling! I love my Logos! Even more, now.

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 6:59 PM

Jack Caviness:
That would be like amputating your foot because the shoe does not fit.
Jack, why should I spend money buying a new shoe. Isn't it cheaper to simply cut off  the offending foot? Big Smile

Posts 102
Donn Heinrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 8:53 PM

If you are on Mac try typing in command bar "set default text size to" between 80 and 120%. It works on mine,

Posts 102
Donn Heinrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2011 9:02 PM

To be exact 80, 90, 100, 110, and 120%

Posts 10595
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 4:16 AM

Lynden Williams:

Jack Caviness:
That would be like amputating your foot because the shoe does not fit.
Jack, why should I spend money buying a new shoe. Isn't it cheaper to simply cut off  the offending foot? Big Smile

Now I know why you are a PC Geeked

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 8:08 AM

Donn Heinrich:
If you are on Mac try typing in command bar "set default text size to" between 80 and 120%.

a) That would still be smaller. I'm using a minimum of 140%. Would prefer 160%, but that would require a bigger screen to be practical with more than one panel open.

Donn Heinrich:
It works on mine,

Yes, of course it works -- on resources. I've said that all along. Are you seriously saying you get bigger search results when you do that?

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS