What is your most enjoyable Logos resource other than the Word of God itself?...

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:02 PM

My own is Charles Simeon's Horae Homileticae Commentary.

Posts 155
Pedro | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:20 PM

A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd ed. (BDAG)

Posts 7868
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:37 PM

Mine is/are June Hunt's 100 Biblical Counseling Keys One key alone makes for 2 or 3 sessions teaching material (or more depending on how you aim the lessons).  Helps in counseling too...duh...that's why they're called "counseling keys" lol.

Blessins!

Douglas

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 8:01 PM

This gives me an idea for a new feature in Logos. I'd love to be able to sort my library in order of most frequently opened, so if Logos could keep track of how many times I've opened a resource, that would be cool. Then I could easily tell you what my most enjoyable Logos resource is. As of now, I'm not sure. It's a toss-up between Collins English Dictionary, 8th ed. and Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary. In addition to being useful for looking up something specific, they are also enjoyable to browse in.

As for sheer fun to browse through or delight in reading (though not all that useful to go back to over and over), some of my favorites have been Curiosities of the Bible Pertaining to Scripture Persons, Places and Things; Memoir and Remains of the Rev. Robert Murray McCheyne; and The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 10:39 PM

Any textbook for class I've found great use having in Logos.  Currently in my Doctrine of Salvation course, we're using Bruce Demarest's The Cross and Salvation: The Doctrine of Salvation

The use of the immediate scripture pop ups makes checking scripture proofs a breeze!

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 10:48 PM

@Paul

That's good to hear.  I bought that title during the Christmas sale.  Of course, I have about 2 or 3 dozen titles to read first, but now that you mention it—I'm going to read that one next.  Thank you.  Geeked

Posts 595
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 10:59 PM

I would have to say my A. W. Tozer collection. So far I've read through 19 of them.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:05 PM

I want that Tozer collection.  Hopefully it will be on sale again one day.  I don't know HOW I missed the last one.

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:18 PM

The Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament. 

It is Gods Word indeed, but this resource helped me extremely to interact with the Greek text.

Posts 31354
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:51 PM

For sheer fun and enjoyment Torah through Time by Shai Cherry with Legends of the Jews by Louis Ginzberg coming in as a close second.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:54 PM

This post is ALL about enjoyment.  Thanks for responding.

Posts 19
Locksmythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 1:59 AM

The Messianic Bible Study Collection from Ariel Ministries.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 3:31 AM

I KNOW it sounds dry but "Robert Reymond's Systematic theology"...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 5:12 AM

A Discourse Grammar of the Greek New Testament, by Steven Runge

The Historical Jesus; Ancient Evidence for the Life of Christ, by Gary Habermas

I just started reading The Complete Works of Francis Schaeffer. We'll see how that one goes

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 6:21 AM

I have several favorites so do not really know where to begin. So, I will try and answer this as best I can.

First, I favor Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament.

I always use good old Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.

I am always refering to the Early Church Fathers Protestant Edition because many resources I read quotes the early church fathers.

I read a lot on apologetics and worldviews and some of those resources I would call enjoyable and others I would not. I love Walter C. Kaiser and those like him who deal with the Old Testament. So, if you can't tell yet, I find the Old Testament and resources as the most enjoyable.

Posts 62
Rev. Wayne Paul Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 8:56 AM

I have the Calvin 500 collection and find that I really enjoy seeing what Calvin has to say on a passage, especially from his commentaries.

Posts 66
Christopher S Macy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 9:05 AM

I have always appreciated the in depth work of R. C. H Lenski. His N.T. Commentary set does not come with any of the Logos bundles but they do offer his works as an add on.

http://www.logos.com/product/3911/lenskis-commentary-on-the-new-testament

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 1:00 PM

Without a doubt the most useful to me in seminary, which brings me great joy, is the Theological Journals.

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 1:30 PM

Patrick Rietveld:

The Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament. 

It is Gods Word indeed, but this resource helped me extremely to interact with the Greek text.

It took me a while to pull the trigger on this one.  But I'm so glad I did.  It truly is a groundbreaking resource.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 2:42 PM

Wow.  Too many to reply.  But lately I have really enjoyed:

Calvin's commentary on 1John.  Awesome stuff.

Always Horae Homileticae

I really like the R. Kent Hughes commentaries and I always begin every NT pericope with the Bible Background Commentary by the venerable Craig Keener.

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS