BUG: Topic search not respecting priority

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 17 2011 2:39 PM

Having received the latest LCV update, I was checking out the larger list of resources in the Topic Search results and was very thankful for the update.  However, I noticed that I was getting resources at the top of the list that I haven't prioritized.

In this picture the top two resources shouldn't be there (Illustrated Manners and Customs of the Bible and Every Man in the Bible).  They should probably be at the bottom.  Everything else is in the correct order according to my preferred resources list.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24560
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2011 6:07 PM

I suspect that is connected to their lack of indexing by Headword - the LCV must be doing something fancy with Page numbers (or TOC?) as it goes direct to Priests on the same page of Manners and Customs.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 10:24 AM

I'm seeing the same result and will submit your report to development.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:53 AM

This still occurs in 4.3beta3

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 11:03 AM

Todd Phillips:

This still occurs in 4.3beta3

Yes, this is still an active case that will be fixed in a future release.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2011 12:50 PM

Still a bug. Wink

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 4:38 PM

This 5 month old regression bug still exists in 4.3 SR1.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 2:37 PM

Todd Phillips:

In this picture the top two resources shouldn't be there (Illustrated Manners and Customs of the Bible and Every Man in the Bible).  They should probably be at the bottom.  Everything else is in the correct order according to my preferred resources list.

This seems to have been fixed in 4.5 beta 1--Illustrated Manners and Customs of the Bible and Every Man in the Bible no longer appear at the top of the list.

However, now they don't appear in the list at all. That can't be correct can it?

Posts 24560
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:51 PM

Todd Phillips:
However, now they don't appear in the list at all. That can't be correct can it?

It's no surprise. As I said before they have no Headword index for a lookup  --->  [[Page 512 >> logosres:iebf;ref=Page.p_512;off=2732]].

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2011 9:23 AM

Todd Phillips:

This seems to have been fixed in 4.5 beta 1--Illustrated Manners and Customs of the Bible and Every Man in the Bible no longer appear at the top of the list.

This wasn't correct, and will be fixed in 4.5 Beta 6.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS