Robert J. Morgan Endorses The I-Beam of Message Building

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 104
Jayson Bradley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:59 AM

Robert J. Morgan Endorses The I-Beam of Message Building 

Have you had a chance to hear Morris at one of the Camp Logos seminar?

Posts 749
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 11:26 AM

Will the corresponding 121-page workbook for "The I-Beam of Message Building" be available as a Logos4 book or PBB?

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 104
Jayson Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 12:21 PM

Tim Hensler:

Will the corresponding 121-page workbook for "The I-Beam of Message Building" be available as a Logos4 book or PBB?

Tim, the 121-page workbook available both as a resource for Logos 4 and as a print spiral-bound workbook.

Jayson

Posts 6
David Harp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 4:49 AM

I pre-oredered Mo's I-beam back in November and encouraged several others to.  Does this mean it is in the "near future" stage?  Would love to know.

Posts 9
Mark Lamprecht | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:05 PM

I really wish I could find an online review of this product. Or even listen to some sermons by Morgan. I find it strange that it is difficult to find sermons by the authors some books or other types of instruction on preaching.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 8:01 PM

Mark Lamprecht:

I really wish I could find an online review of this product. Or even listen to some sermons by Morgan. I find it strange that it is difficult to find sermons by the authors some books or other types of instruction on preaching.

This product is brand new (still being developed; it's in pre-publication), so it will be unlikely you'll find an online review of it. Nobody outside the company has seen it yet. You might get lucky and find someone who has attended the live seminar and blogged about it.

However, this endorsement does sort of amount to an online review of it. Just to clarify, Robert Morgan isn't the teacher in this product. Morris Proctor is. Robert Morgan merely gave it his endorsement. However if you want to see some of Robert Morgan's speaking/preaching (as he was a mentor to Morris Proctor) you can do a search for Robert J. Morgan on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=robert+j+morgan&aq=f. You can do the same for Morris Proctor: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=morris+proctor&aq=f. However there don't appear to be any sermons by him on there. Videotaping sermons and putting them up on YouTube is a relatively recent phenomenon (how easy it is for us to forget how recent!) -- and Morris ("Moe") has been teaching software seminars predominantly rather than preaching for the past several years. He does still preach on occasion, but evidently none of those have been videotaped and put online.

You can see Morris talking about the I-Beam of Message Building in the sample video on the product description page: http://www.logos.com/product/8493/the-i-beam-of-message-building. I presume his speaking style is similar when he's preaching.

Posts 35
MorrisProctorEmployee
David Kitchen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 8:11 AM

Mark Lamprecht:

Mark,

Rosie is correct... Morris now teaches and instructs people full-time how to use Logos. However, he still loves to preach and frequently preaches around the country.

Here are a few sermons:

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding the I-Beam.

Blessings,

David Kitchen
David@mpseminars.com

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 8:24 AM

In the video "My House Is Your House" dated to 09/12/10, I'm pretty sure you can see Sarah Palin singing in the choir: take a look at the left side (e.g. from 00:05:56 to 00:06:13). Not so sure I'd join this congregation ... Stick out tongue

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.5GHz, 2.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 1250 | theolobias.de

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 8:31 AM

That's not her Theolobias.  

Though I see nothing frightening about the fact that any political figure would go to church.  like their policies or not, I can't imagine them being in church would ever be a negative.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 8:51 AM

Thomas Black:

That's not her Theolobias.  

Though I see nothing frightening about the fact that any political figure would go to church.  like their policies or not, I can't imagine them being in church would ever be a negative.

That was supposed to be a joke, Thomas. Smile I know it's not her - and though I can't stand what she stands for politically (as far as I can tell from my European angle ...), I'm sure I'd find a way to join the same congregation she does!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.5GHz, 2.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 1250 | theolobias.de

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 8:59 AM

Whoops I saw the Stick out tongue and completely missed it.  Time for another Coffee or perhaps CoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCoffee

EDIT: nevermind - I found the solution:

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 9:04 AM

Thomas Black:
Whoops I saw the Stick out tongue and completely missed it.  Time for another Coffee or perhaps CoffeeCoffeeCoffeeCoffee

I forgot it's still early where you live - next time I'll make it Stick out tongue Stick out tongue Stick out tongue !

Posts 2
Joshua Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 10:22 AM

If you want to hear sermons by Robert J. Morgan, you can check out the church website where he pastors and listen to your heart's content:

http://www.donelson.org/sermons

Since Robert J. Morgan is my pastor and has asked me to preach on occasion, he actually sent me to Morris to help me "hone" my spiritual gift.  I had the privilege of having Morris watch a video of a sermon I preached, pointing out bad habits and areas needing improvement, as well as offering encouragement of strengths.  He then walked me through the principles and the practice of I-Beam and I took a copy home with me for more study and development.  It honestly was like he gathered together the pieces of scattered information I'd built up through my education, and pulled them together into a nice little package.

As for a review of I-Beam, I'm sure as the product is shipped more folks will blog / review it.  But since I've had some "up-close-and-personal" experience with it, I'll offer some thoughts. 

Even after earning a BA in Biblical Langauges & Bible and 45 credit hours+ of MDiv seminary courses (including homiletics), I can tell you the I-Beam offered me a powerful and practical resource.  It's formative, instructive, and corrective at the same time.  Morris draws from Biblical principles, his own experience, and from some of the best resources out there, and offers a "framework" to implement them in an extremely practical and usable manner.

For example, in homiletic courses, I read "Between Two Worlds" by Stott, "Expository Preaching" by Robinson, "Christ Centered Preaching" by Chapell, etc.  Morris draws principles from these and many other excellent sources.  However, I've always felt the lack of a cohesive method that would tie together what I've learned exegetically and homiletically.  All my education and reading lacked "glue"...until the I-Beam.  I've simply not experienced any other resource that takes the best exegetical and hermeneutic principles, pairs them up with homiletic and expository techniques, and wraps it all into a functional framework that keeps the preacher/teacher focused and "on point" throughout the preparation process.

From my perspective, after years of hearing and studying expository preaching, Morris offers a unique and extremely practical resource.  Young / new preachers will receive essential guidance.  Seasoned preachers will receive a tool / framework that forces them to refocus and correct bad habits or areas where they've strayed from true Biblical preaching.

If preachers / teachers give the I-Beam the time and attention it deserves, I have no doubt they'll see drastic improvements in their preaching/teaching.  A Sunday School lesson I taught two days ago utilized I-Beam principles and was much better for it!

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 11:51 AM

Theolobias:
In the video "My House Is Your House" dated to 09/12/10, I'm pretty sure you can see Sarah Palin singing in the choir: take a look at the left side (e.g. from 00:05:56 to 00:06:13).

That's not Sarah Palin, it's Tina Fey. Smile

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 2:05 PM

Rosie Perera:
That's not Sarah Palin, it's Tina Fey
 ROFLOL

Check the Wiki

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 5 2011 2:06 PM

Rosie Perera:
That's not Sarah Palin, it's Tina Fey. Smile

Hahaha! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS