I had better start saving Big Smile

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:10 PM

Nice.. and thanks Aaron.. I ordered it.

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:13 PM

You're welcome Matthew. I wish I could too right now, I sure need the help.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 8:18 PM

Aaron, it's probably better to order the things you need.. you can always delete them later if they ship before you can get the funds for them. I have a ton of prepubs ordered..I find I need to delete some before they ship because I don't have the funds when they are ready. But other times I do have the funds and got in early to get the cheaper price. It's my strategy and works for me, but you may want to look into it.

Posts 4
William K Stegemueller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 9:43 PM

So you mean you can back out of a pre-pub sale?  I didn't know you could do that!  Yes

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:07 PM

Matthew Hamrick:

Aaron, it's probably better to order the things you need.. you can always delete them later if they ship before you can get the funds for them. I have a ton of prepubs ordered..I find I need to delete some before they ship because I don't have the funds when they are ready. But other times I do have the funds and got in early to get the cheaper price. It's my strategy and works for me, but you may want to look into it.

Hmmm, so I can pre-order.......but then when notification comes that it is ready, if I am "insufficiently funded", I can cancel the order?

Posts 99
john joyce | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:12 PM

Yes absolutely you can cancel before they charge you. Just go to your orders page. You can also change cards if you have to.

John

Posts 18710
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:45 PM

Yes indeed. I wonder if there are lots of other folks holding off on pre-pub orders because they didn't know this.

If that's the case, go place orders on one or more of these great deals:

Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament (ACNT) (15 vols.)

Pauline Studies Collection (10 vols.)

Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible Bundle (6 vols.)

Eerdmans Biblical Resources Series (14 Vols.)

A History of Preaching (2 vols.)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 10:48 PM

William K Stegemueller:

So you mean you can back out of a pre-pub sale?  I didn't know you could do that!  Yes

Yes you can. But Pre-Pubs frequently get delayed in the last few days before shipment. So if you really want it, do not cancel until the last day before shipment. It is sad to cancel for lack of funds and then see the ship date pushed back two more weeks; well after your funds have become available. The Pre-Pub price increases sometimes as it nears ship date. (At least it used to be that way.) So lock in early and keep that order in until you absolutely have to cancel.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 11:25 PM

And just to calm my worrying brain (before I go hit purchase on the Camp Logos), I will receive an email before it is ready for purchase so I can opt out if necessary?

Posts 18710
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 11:33 PM

Aaron Knotts:

And just to calm my worrying brain (before I go hit purchase on the Camp Logos), I will receive an email before it is ready for purchase so I can opt out if necessary?

Yes, they send an email about a week or so before it's ready to ship. It looks like this:

From: customerservice@logos.com [mailto:customerservice@logos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:07 AM
To: xxxxxxxx
Subject: Your Pre-Pub will be Processed Soon - Billing Confirmation Needed

We are about to begin processing Pre-Pub orders for The Apocalypse of John: Studies in Introduction, With a Critical and Exegetical Commentary.

This product is scheduled to ship on March 4, 2011.

Please verify your billing information as soon as possible.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If this information is correct, you do not need to reply to this email as your order will be processed automatically.

You can visit your order details page at https:xxxxxxxxxxx to make changes.

Thank you for your order. We appreciate your business!

Logos Bible Software
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA  98225-4307
(800) 875-6467
customerservice@logos.com

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 11:39 PM

Thanks Rosie.
Feeling at peace now....in the knowledge that my wife wont shoot me for signing up for a pre-pub Wink 

Posts 18710
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2011 11:51 PM

And to give you even more of a sense of peace, here's how to edit/cancel a prepub order (EDIT: I probably shouldn't be advertising this Smile):

Go to your Account page, click on Orders tab, then hover mouse over the order in question. An Edit button will appear:

Click that Edit button. That will take you to the pre-pub checkout page, where you can change your credit card info (e.g., if it had expired since you placed your order) or delete the order.

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 2:03 AM

Rosie Perera:
And to give you even more of a sense of peace, here's how to edit/cancel a prepub order (EDIT: I probably shouldn't be advertising this Smile):

Zip it! Shhhhh. I wont tell if you don't Angel

Posts 1649
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 4:37 AM

Aaron Knotts:
I will receive an email before it is ready for purchase so I can opt out if necessary?

Also, be very sure that the email address you have on file is up to date and that you check it often enough. Finally, make sure that Logos clears your spam filters.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 12:38 PM

Matthew C Jones:
So if you really want it, do not cancel until the last day before shipment. It is sad to cancel for lack of funds and then see the ship date pushed back two more weeks; well after your funds have become available.

Even last day before shipment doesn't necessarily do it. I've cancelled literally hours before things were supposed to go live, and still seen them pushed back weeks or months. Fortunately, I took advantage of a certain offer last autumn, so I can still get them in June if I want to. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 54
(na) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 7:12 PM

Thank you, preordered.

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 9:18 PM

I ordered Camp Logos, I know that I'm one of the people using only 10-15% of Logos. The $200 amount is steep enough that I hope it doesn't get published for awhile.

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 1:48 AM

I only just actually purchased the www.learnlogos.com videos by John Fallahee this week....so that has me torn too. Do I really need the Camp Logos ones also?  Having read the various threads that discuss training videos, and as Camp Logos for L4 hadn't been announced, I opted for the $40 option (and because being in NZ I can download them, not have to pay international freight on DVD's).

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 2:53 AM

John's stuff is really good--but it is different than Camp Logos.  You will find overlap as far as learning certain functions is concerned, but what and how you learn in the course of a lecture/dialogue will be completely different. 

It just comes down to economics: if you can afford it, get it--it will be useful.  If you can't afford it, Fallahee will get you through for 40, and the Forum will do the rest for free.  Wink   Of course, forum MVP's get 1/2 a cent for every forum click and 2 cents for every post.

right.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS