Camp Logos Live DVD worth the Price ???

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 20 2011 7:20 PM

I have signed up for this pre-pub,  how many hours of training are included for the $199.95 price tag?   

The cost is $199.95 for this DVD, I am hopping  Mr. Proctor's  DVD is worth the price tag???

Posts 18671
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 7:25 PM

MJD:
how many hours of training are included for the $199.95 price tag?  

From the product description page:

I have attended Camp Logos and it costs $225 live, plus your travel/lodging expenses. It's all excellent material but is exhausting to try to take it all in within the space of two days. Having the DVD at home to go through at your own pace, and be able to watch over and over again seems like it would definitely be worth the price. Go for it!

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 8:20 PM

I was hoping there would be more than 7 hours of training for $200 on the DVD. This training cost more than $28 an hour for the DVD training. 

The live Logos training session is almost 2 full days (13 hours of scheduled training) for $225, plus you get to ask questions.

The scale of economies by recording a DVD would make you think they could sell the DVD training much cheaper than live training.

Is there going to be a forum available for any questions for the instructor that may come from watching this training DVD?

Posts 18671
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 8:49 PM

MJD:
The live Logos training session is almost 2 full days (13 hours of scheduled training) for $225, plus you get to ask questions.

It's 13 hours scheduled, but that includes a long lunch break (1.5 hrs, if I recall) both days and several shorter breaks in morning and afternoon, no more than about one hour to 75 min of teaching at a time without a break, so it's probably closer to 7-8 hours of actual content, some of which was welcome, logistical info, thanks to hosts, etc., which would have been edited out for the DVDs.I'm pretty sure you're getting the full instructional content of a live Camp Logos training seminar in this.

True, you can ask questions in the live seminar. This forum offers you the ability to ask questions for free, though.

MJD:
The scale of economies by recording a DVD would make you think they could sell the DVD training much cheaper than live training.

Yes, one would think. On the other hand tens of thousands of people have attended the live seminars and there are some economies of scale there, too (about 100 people at a time can listen). Perhaps they aren't sure they'll sell that many DVDs and need to recoup the cost of the video recording (equipment and personnel), and editing.

MJD:
Is there going to be a forum available for any questions for the instructor that may come from watching this training DVD?

The Logos 4 forum would probably be the place to ask any questions that arise from the DVDs. If you have questions that are more specific to Morris Proctor's seminar in particular that a general Logos expert couldn't answer, you can email him at morris (at) mpseminars (dot) com.

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 9:06 PM

Rosie Perera:

MJD:

It's 13 hours scheduled, but that includes a long lunch break (1.5 hrs, if I recall) both days and several shorter breaks in morning and afternoon, no more than about one hour to 75 min of teaching at a time without a break, so it's probably closer to 7-8 hours of actual content, some of which was welcome, logistical info, thanks to hosts, etc., which would have been edited out for the DVDs.I'm pretty sure you're getting the full instructional content of a live Camp Logos training seminar in this.

True, you can ask questions in the live seminar. This forum offers you the ability to ask questions for free, though.

MJD:

Yes, one would think. On the other hand tens of thousands of people have attended the live seminars and there are some economies of scale there, too (about 100 people at a time can listen). Perhaps they aren't sure they'll sell that many DVDs and need to recoup the cost of the video recording (equipment and personnel), and editing.

MJD:

The Logos 4 forum would probably be the place to ask any questions that arise from the DVDs. If you have questions that are more specific to Morris Proctor's seminar in particular that a general Logos expert couldn't answer, you can email him at morris (at) mpseminars (dot) com.

I appreciate the forum so much, I have had many questions answered.  Thank YOU...This is awesome!  I also really love the video's Mark Barnes has for all of us to use.

But, in regards to the item for sale... The DVD trainings set.... just seems to be priced very high.

Posts 18671
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 20 2011 10:05 PM

MJD:

I appreciate the forum so much, I have had many questions answered.  Thank YOU...This is awesome!

You're welcome, and thank you! Smile

MJD:
But, in regards to the item for sale... The DVD trainings set.... just seems to be priced very high.

Yup, I agree. You seem to have taken the plunge anyway, though. I hope you find it worth the expenditure. I'm not buying it since I already attended the live seminar, but I probably would otherwise.

You can always cancel your order up to the last minute if you change your mind after learning enough from the forums and Mark's videos to be sufficiently competent with Logos.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 3:53 AM

Rosie Perera:

MJD:

Yup, I agree. You seem to have taken the plunge anyway, though. I hope you find it worth the expenditure. I'm not buying it since I already attended the live seminar, but I probably would otherwise.

You can always cancel your order up to the last minute if you change your mind after learning enough from the forums and Mark's videos to be sufficiently competent with Logos.

Whenever you have the same content (Logos training) you don't want to price them too differently otherwise the cheaper option might crowd out the more expensive one. I' guessing that the training video cost is designed to be similar in cost to attending a Camp Logos so that attendance is not hurt by this set's availability.

Granted, I don't know how much it cost to produces and replicate the DVDs so I could easily be wrong. Smile

Posts 10554
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 7:24 AM

MJD:
The cost is $199.95 for this DVD, I am hopping  Mr. Proctor's  DVD is worth the price tag???

I previously purchased Camp Logos I & II for L3 ($200 each). I found them to be well worth the price as I had never attended a live session. They videos were recordings of live sessions.

MJD:
This training cost more than $28 an hour for the DVD training. 

The live Logos training session is almost 2 full days (13 hours of scheduled training) for $225, plus you get to ask questions.… I was hoping there would be more than 7 hours of training for $200 on the DVD. 

As Rosie noted, the live session is actually about 7-8 hours of actual course content spread over 2 days.

MJD:

I'm sure they could, but they chose not to do so, probably so as not to hurt attendance at the live sessions. (I believe Kevin already said something similar.

MJD:

There are always these forums for questions.

Rosie noted that if she had not attended a live session she would probably order the videos. I attended one of the first L4 Camp Logos (In NC), and I have put in my Pre-pub order for the videos. 

I don't think it is possible to take in everything Mo covers in a live session, and retention of what you do take in has its limits. With the videos, you can review at will, rewind, take more notes, and watch some points repeatedly. For me, all this makes it well worth the price. Of course, Mark Barnes had made some excellent videos, and they cost less than $200. (Mo does speak Southern US while Mark speaks some strange form of English Geeked)

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 8:21 AM

Jack Caviness:

Rosie noted that if she had not attended a live session she would probably order the videos. I attended one of the first L4 Camp Logos (In NC), and I have put in my Pre-pub order for the videos. 

If I am remembering correctly, if you attended a Camp Logos for version three, then you received an "alumni discount" if you purchased the corresponding dvds.   What that discount amounted to, I cannot remember.

I purchased Camp Logos 2 dvd series for version 3 and received with it a Syllabus-87 pages, to follow along and take notes as I viewed the dvd's.  I don't know if attendees of a live Camp Logos for L4 received a syllabus or not, but I would want one included if they did.

Posts 557
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 8:57 AM

How does Morris Proctor's training compare to John Fallahee? If you have one does it cancel out the need for the other? 

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 9:08 AM

200.00 dollars!!!  In todays climate this is crazy.  I believe the dvds should be selling for half that amount!

Now for the rest of the story, I bought the dvds for Libronix 3, and thought the prices were outrageous, and then I turned around and bought the dvds for camp 2 also.  The truth is nothing did me as much good as those two groups of dvds.  They totally changed my ability to study and do research.

I can not afford these dvds any more, but I am telling you this, his materials have been worth every penny I spent on them!  I think they are way over priced, but the value is way beyond the cost!

I firmly believe they cost to much and would love to see them more affordable for the less well off believers, but I have to be truthful, in out right value, his seminars are worth 2-3 times the asking price!  Nothing even comes close in value!  Wait a minute the Logos unofficial video set does!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 11:30 AM

Jim VanSchoonhoven:

200.00 dollars!!!  In todays climate this is crazy.  I believe the dvds should be selling for half that amount!

Now for the rest of the story, I bought the dvds for Libronix 3, and thought the prices were outrageous, and then I turned around and bought the dvds for camp 2 also.  The truth is nothing did me as much good as those two groups of dvds.  They totally changed my ability to study and do research.

I can not afford these dvds any more, but I am telling you this, his materials have been worth every penny I spent on them!  I think they are way over priced, but the value is way beyond the cost!

I firmly believe they cost to much and would love to see them more affordable for the less well off believers, but I have to be truthful, in out right value, his seminars are worth 2-3 times the asking price!  Nothing even comes close in value!  Wait a minute the Logos unofficial video set does!

In Christ,

Jim VanSchoonhoven

I am going to buy it without a doubt.  But, just because you can charge $200 doesn't mean you should charge $200.  It is unfortuante for the people who can not afford it, but could certainly make good use of the training if it were priced more affordable.

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 12:15 PM

I've been to several MP seminars from the time he first started doing them. Most of the time I had to travel (air-hotel-car) because I was not available to attend seminars held near my home. So it easily cost me $600+ in the past. So $200 is a bargain to me for the same training, especially now with the videos I'll have unlimited access to their content.

For those who can't afford it, we still have an abundance of excellent free training videos available from Logos and Logos users (that I will continue to use)

Mark me down as saying YES...it is well worth the price.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 10554
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 12:17 PM

Pastor Jesse Blevins :

How does Morris Proctor's training compare to John Fallahee? If you have one does it cancel out the need for the other? 

No, one will not cancel the other. The two take a very different approach. Others obviously have a different view of Fallahee, but I gave it all away. I found his training to be very simplistic. I have always found Mo's training to be well worth the price.

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 12:29 PM

I called Morris's office and the content on the DVD is recorded from a live seminar.

Posts 54
(na) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 1:08 PM

I have it on pre-pub, but I agree, it is quite pricey for what it is. Will I really be learning anything more than I would be if I just watched those unofficial videos online?

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 1:58 PM

Since we are purchasing them from Logos, I am wondering if there is a 30 day return policy.  And if there is, then one would have the opportunity to return them if not satisfied with the purchase.  ?????

EDIT: I have both Camp Logos dvd's for Libronix and they are excellent; I am not of the mindset to return these for version 4, since I am sure of their quality, but others might like to know.

Posts 22
Rob Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 4:09 PM

I've been wondering about getting these as well, since traveling to a seminar would be difficult. Here are some questions; hopefully not too many for one post.

Those who have attended the seminars, do you also receive the manual while there?

I've seen the manual offered as an item to purchase on Logos. I'm assuming it is the same manual you would receive if you attended the seminar. Is that correct?  Is the manual something you could work through by itself without attending the seminar? Or do you really need the seminar to make sense of it?

I don't see any mention of it, but does anyone know if there will be a copy of the manual on the DVD so that you could print it out and use it while going through the DVDs just like you were at the seminar?

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 4:16 PM

Manuals are provided at the seminar. I've also purchased them online in the past. It would be nice if an electronic version of the manual was included with the DVD...

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 18
Paul D. Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 8:43 PM

Yes and No! There is a Camp Logos Syllabus that you work through for the 2 days you are there. It is NOT offered for sale, but Camp Logos sells Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 and that is what you see advertised. What is available for purchase just goes deeper than the syllabus. The 2-day course is great but you really, really move along. I, too, believe that the 7 hours of video is exactly what is being taught at the camp. As you have read previously, there are announcements, Mo pushes some different products and book bundles, etc. I have been to both camp 1 and camp 2 and am considering purchasing the DVD's simply because you cannot remember everything.

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS