Syncing arrows NEVER stop

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Roland Bowen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 21 2011 6:42 AM

Since I installed the latest update to Logos, the two sync arrows on the top right have been running constantly for three days, day and night. I've restarted the computer several times, but the only way I can get them to stop, and to stop running my hard drive, is to turn off Logos internet access.

As far as I can tell, I have all my books and note files on the computer, it just continues to try to sync and keeps the hard drive running, slowing down anything else I do on the computer.

I have a Mac Pro desktop quad core Intel with 500 gig of free space and 6 gigs of memory. I have no problems with any other program.

I've talked to tech support and they have NO answers for me.

Can anyone here help me?

--Roland Bowen

Posts 9
Roland Bowen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 1:01 PM

OK. Here is the log.

5775.Logging.zip

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 1:53 PM

Open Logos 4 and type "open LLS:29.48.16" in the command bar (that's the text box right next to the Library button), then press return.

A resource should open in a new panel. When it does, scroll around a bit or navigate to a new position, then close the book. After you do so, sync should settle down.

Note to other users who may have the same problem: the preceding instructions are only for the user who posted the logs and were given after reviewing those logs. These instructions probably won't solve your problem.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 9
Roland Bowen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 7:28 PM

The following your instructions on opening and closing of the Baker Commentary on John did stop the sync arrows UNTIL I closed Logos and restarted it. Then they started again and would not stop.

So I repeated the steps you gave me, after about 5 minutes it stopped again, but this time showed a yellow triangle instead of the two arrows.

Here is the log.

1565.Logging 2.zip

Thanks for your help.

Posts 9
Roland Bowen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 5:17 AM

I shut the computer down and restarted it and restarted Logos. Still the spinning arrows, so I followed the instructions again and left it on all night. This morning I exited Logos and restarted and it is working fine!

Thank you for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS