Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 0
James Clay Hindman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 22 2011 10:12 PM | Locked

From the magnifying glass, search, Bible search for whatever word gives the results in duplicate.  That is each verse the search word appears in is listed 2 times, but NOT an exact duplicate.  The verse references are exact duplicates, but the quoted verses will begin and end in at different places in the sentence (aligned verses).  

I'm pretty sure I'm using Logos 4, Beta.  I have my computer set to download the newest Beta version each time I open Logos.

Command Line reads:  Search Surface Text in All Passages in The New King James Version with Logos Greek Morphology for:  David WITHIN 9 words sure

jameshindman@me.com

Posts 18828
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 10:51 PM | Locked

What you're reporting is designed/expected behavior for the Aligned view of search results.

Logos is reporting each search term aligned, and since each of the verses it found contains both of your search terms, it has to repeat the verse.

If you want to see each verse only once, then use Verses view:

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2011 8:57 PM | Locked

I don't find this satisfying, although I sort of understand. In my case, I'm doing a lemma search (<Lemma = af/he/רם:1>) NEAR hand

What I'm truly looking for is if the lemma (rum/exalt, hold up)  occurs near the word hand. I'm not interested in information about hand. But in the Analysis view, which is the only way to get all the information about the use of this lemma, I've got to sort through all the duplicates. I have trouble believing I'm the only one who wants to do these kinds of searches, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

Posts 22285
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2011 11:54 PM | Locked

Hi Nelson

Nelson R. Pardee:
In my case, I'm doing a lemma search (<Lemma = af/he/רם:1>) NEAR hand

It might be useful to start a new thread with the specifics of what you are trying to do if my suggestions below don't work for you

Nelson R. Pardee:
What I'm truly looking for is if the lemma (rum/exalt, hold up)  occurs near the word hand. I'm not interested in information about hand

Do either of the above screenshots give you what you want.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS