Suggestion: NIV 2011, Anglicised

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Peter Comont | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 23 2011 1:12 AM

Could we have the new NIV in its anglicised form soon please?

Posts 884
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:14 PM

I second this!YesYesYes

I did contact Hodder (UK publisher) and they said they were in talks with Logos. It all depends on whether they can reach an agreement!

Can someone from Logos comment on this please?

Many Logos users in UK would welcome this.

Keep Praying

Paul

Posts 995
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:16 PM

YesYesYesYesYes

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 12:18 PM

Peter Comont:

Could we have the new NIV in its anglicised form soon please?

Yes, please.

NIV - Anglicised was the first Bible I ever had on Logos 1.6 back nearly 18 years ago!

Please, Bob, publish an Anglicised version soon. Yes

Why should I have to read my NIV 2011 in a foreign dialect? Wink

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 1:42 AM

Stephen

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in!

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 5:29 PM

Stephen Thorp:
Peace!            *smile*                   This in my view is truly unfortunate that we in Canada CANNOT buy this resource.

I vastly prefer The Queen's English over against American English.

What you have here is Logos -- and a publisher -- trying to determine our English Usage here in Canada!                  Shame!

Of course I say this in good humour ...........              better to publish it than not, methinks .......

However ...           it is STILL very unfortunate that we Canadians are being "lumped together" with the Americans .....   lovely people that they are, of course!         *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9170
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 5:37 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

This in my view is truly unfortunate that we in Canada CANNOT buy this resource.

As a fellow Canadian I totally agree with your Milford.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5270
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:51 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Milford Charles Murray:

This in my view is truly unfortunate that we in Canada CANNOT buy this resource.

Can add a third canuck to the sentiment. Allow i ordered it when it stated no one outside the US and Canada could order it.. i doubt my order will get processed but there was a typo for a while stating that.

-Dan

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 27 2013 6:30 AM

Dan Francis:

Bruce Dunning:

Milford Charles Murray:

Can add a third canuck to the sentiment. Allow i ordered it when it stated no one outside the US and Canada could order it.. i doubt my order will get processed but there was a typo for a while stating that.

-Dan

Yes, Dan!                         Thanks for your post!                  You reminded me that Logos.com DID take my order even though it said that Canadian "users" (whatever that means, eh???) cannot have it .....

Truly hoping to get it ........                        Please, Logos!              *smile*      

Even Microsoft Office with all its components recognises Canadian English .................

From Logos Ad ...   "

Overview

The 2011 edition of the Anglicised NIV incorporates modern English and the latest in biblical scholarship into a readable and accurate Bible translation. The three main changes incorporated in this revised edition of the NIV are shifts in everyday language use, advances in biblical scholarship, and gender-specific language that accurately reflects whether men or women are referred to in each instance. The translators have carefully assessed a huge body of scholarship and invited peer submissions in order to review every word of the existing NIV to ensure it remains as clear and relevant today as when it was first published.

This version of the NIV is not available to users in the US and its territories, and Canada.

Key Features

• The world’s most popular Bible translation
  • The perfect blend of accuracy and readability, fully revised and updated for 2011
  • The product of the latest advances in biblical scholarship and language use"

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9170
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:37 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
You reminded me that Logos.com DID take my order even though it said that Canadian "users" (whatever that means, eh???) cannot have it .....

This is interesting. Why would they accept your order when it explicitly states that Canadians can't order it?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:04 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Milford Charles Murray:
You reminded me that Logos.com DID take my order even though it said that Canadian "users" (whatever that means, eh???) cannot have it .....

This is interesting. Why would they accept your order when it explicitly states that Canadians can't order it?

Who knows, Bruce???                     Who knows, eh???            *smile*

Maybe one can order it, but one is forbidden to "use" it???

I would think that permitting me and Dan to order "skews" the mathematics on the "progression" of this order ...    ???

ooppsss ...     The Forum software didn't allow my .png file ...            will post a .jpg file ...

Posts 9170
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:21 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
  Maybe one can order it, but one is forbidden to "use" it???

That made me laugh out loud. I hope you are successful. Maybe I should give it a try too.

Posts 9170
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:28 AM

Update... I just placed my order. Now I just have to wait to see if it will be accepted.

Posts 5270
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 27 2013 10:56 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Initially the word NOT was ONLY so thought I could order it and I did it. It was a mistake by Logos till some people complained that people in UK should be able to order it. Then Logos realized their mistake and corrected it.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS