Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 9:48 PM

Michael Childs:
I just don't think it would be worth the money for me.

I completely understand.

Michael Childs:
(I know that not all dispensationalist believe that, but you get the point.)

I do get your point. I just wonder why any author would spend time on a passage that did not apply to us today.

Michael Childs:
I won't buy this set of commentaries for the same reason that many probably would not buy it if the set was dominated by my semiary - Asbury. 

That is where you have me at a disadvantage. I've got my Pre-Pub in for  Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament  and I bought the  Holiness Collection  already. It is with many tears I finally accepted the fact I can not have it ALL.  Crying

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 5:55 AM

Michael Childs:
But a dispensationalist who thinks that it doesn't apply to this age wouldn't be worth much to me.  (I know that not all dispensationalist believe that, but you get the point.)

That would probably even be a minority of them. Even then, the few that I know who hold this position say that the principles still apply.

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 5:59 AM

Si Cochran:
even DTS profs are moving away from the classic variety of dispensationalism a la Scofield and friends.  Progressive dispensationalism has infiltrated DTS,

This is my understanding of the current situation. So it would make a difference as to when these authors attended DTS. I am a rather moderate Dispensationalist, and I have not kept up with current trends.

Si Cochran:
Has anyone considered that the EEC may not be as dispensational as we might imagine?

Good point

Si Cochran:
Southern Baptist seminaries consist of many faculty members who affirm a classic/historic premill eschatological framework.

It was that way in 1975 at Southeastern. 

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 6:25 AM

Si Cochran:
Has anyone considered that the EEC may not be as dispensational as we might imagine?

Good point

PRECISELY... My whole point!

We are engaged in discussions about the unknown....

We are defending position's and investing in something we CAN'T SEE... Because it hasn't been made yet.

Why would you invest in something to save $50 and you may not even agree with it, like it or use it...

Then WHAT???

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS