Grouping Strong's #'s

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Terry Lawson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:18 AM

I did a Bible search on the Hebrew word for "praise" then went to analysis and moved the Strong's #'s next to the reference to have them side my side. I also moved the part of speech so I could tell at a glance if it the word was a verb or a noun. Now what I want to be able to do is to group the search according the Strong's #'s. All the h1984, all the h8416, all the h3034, etc. together all in their own group making it easier to know just how many different #'s there are.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:24 AM

Hi Terry, welcome to the Forum!

You might try searching each Strong's number individually. Then export it to Excel. Once that you have each Strong's grouping in Excel you can arrange things how you like them. (e.g. do your search on <h1984> and then use Print/Export to send it to Excel)

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 23382
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:28 AM

Alternatively you could use the "group" capability in the analysis search mode.

To do this, drag the "Hebrew Strong's" column heading to the area just above the headings and it will group things for you.

I think both methods give you what you want, just in a slightly different way.

Graham

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:36 AM

Terry,

How about this?

However, this would be a more accurate search if you found the lemmas behind these numbers and did search for them like this.

The numbers are different because the AFAT is more nuanced in the way it views Hebrew words than Strong's numbering system allows.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:39 AM

Terry Lawson:

I did a Bible search on the Hebrew word for "praise" then went to analysis and moved the Strong's #'s next to the reference to have them side my side. I also moved the part of speech so I could tell at a glance if it the word was a verb or a noun. Now what I want to be able to do is to group the search according the Strong's #'s. All the h1984, all the h8416, all the h3034, etc. together all in their own group making it easier to know just how many different #'s there are.

Welcome Big Smile

Wonder about dragging columns in Search Analysis to group items:

Edit: add Morph Search example (inspired by Kevin):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6
Terry Lawson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 10:45 AM

Thanks for all the help, they all look like something I want to look into. I found my answer right after I posted here. Just click on the Strong's tab and it groups all the numbers together.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS