Prices on Morris Proctor-200.00 price tag!

Page 3 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 69 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 15
Carnell Butler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 3:55 PM

go to learnlogos.com John fallahee is a great teacher with training cd for on $50.00 which are great. He do webinars on monday nights for for free and if you want to buy the webinar its only $4.99. I bought the learn hebrew and greek cd for $499.00 which are very helpful but for a fraction of the cost you get the same training.

Posts 34
John Fallahee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:32 AM

I'll second that Morris!

The approach I have taken is to make training affordable and not sacrifice quality.

Plus, I include the exclusive interactive and non-interactive videos for both learning styles. The interactive format simulates the Logos 4 experience, as if you are using the program! It's cool to use and very effective in speeding up the learning curve.

As a former Logos employee who pioneered their online training, and as a representative for Logos for 3 years training up people like John Piper and Kay Arthur, and running seminars like Morris; I discovered that training is not merely learning a feature, nor simply applying that feature as you study. There is another important component in training and that is Bible study/Sermon Preparation methodology.

In my inexpensive training bundle, I combine all three aspects in concert for the ultimate training experience.As I like to say, don't just take home training, take home the trainer!

Additionally, how many of you have really explored the various books in your library? That's why I include over 130 book overviews so you can know which books to use every step along the way in your Bible Study/Sermon Preparation.

Logos is an amazing program, and know you have training options like never before.

Enjoy!

John Fallahee, LearnLogos.com

Posts 1135
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 8:32 AM

John Fallahee:

In my inexpensive training bundle, I combine all three aspects in concert for the ultimate training experience.As I like to say, don't just take home training, take home the trainer!

Additionally, how many of you have really explored the various books in your library? That's why I include over 130 book overviews so you can know which books to use every step along the way in your Bible Study/Sermon Preparation.

Logos is an amazing program, and know you have training options like never before.

Thanks, John, for offering us more options for learning to use Logos 4!  More affordable to users during troubled economic times.

Posts 19
Bob Rockhill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 1:39 PM

I bought the DVDs because I didn't have the time to go to a Camp Logos and I knew that if I did, I'd probably forget a lot of it when I came home. I figured having instant access to the DVDs whenever I needed them would be better for me. I am so glad I went that route. I learned so much. I wasn't using 90% of the capabilities of Logos before. And, I do need to go back and check how to do this and that all the time. Comes with age. Wink  So, I'm glad I got them. Morris even e-mailed me templates he used in the video so I didn't have to come up with them from scratch. Nice man. Great service. Well worth the money if you can afford it. 

Posts 28
Gerald Kapanka | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 2:36 PM

Thank you Morris for the "behind the scenes" insight that most of us never consider. I am one of those who have desired to attend a live seminar for many years but time, money and other obligations have prevented that from happening. I have used both Mark's and John's material and find them very helpful. I also order the DVD's and can't wait to begin going through them. It doesn't matter which training resource i use, I come away having a better grasp of the Logos software. I thank God for Logos, MPP, Mark, John and everyone else who have guided me in using this tool to bring glory to God and Grace to His people.

Posts 890
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2011 6:01 PM

I bought the Logos 3 DVDs and LOVED them... I truly used Logos because of the DVDs.  Fast forward a year or two and Logos 4 is released (Thank you Logos!), and after a couple of months I attended Camp Logos 4 (Thank you Mo!).

I also bought John's training recently... so I may be uniquely qualified to comment on the contrasts of the three.

1.  Camp Logos: There is simply no substitute. Do it if you can: The interactive "class room" format, excellent instruction (Mo is an incredible communicator and teacher), the DEALS, and focused time away from other important/urgent distractions is awesome.

2.  Camp Logos 3 DVDs:  Since I only own the Logos 3 DVDs, my experience is dated... that said, I agree with everyone that the ability to REPEAT a segment until you truly "get it" is awesome.  Yes sir, they were expensive, but I used them over an over, and never felt that I overpaid. There is serious value here.

3.  LearnLogos.com: John's DVDs are easy to navigate, comprehensive, and very well put together.  It took me a little while to get over the austere interface, but the content will quickly make you overlook that.  John is a gifted teacher, and the salient point here is that he gets the point across simply, quickly, and efficiently.  The price makes this an exceptional value.

--Mark

"I read dead people..."

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2011 6:34 PM

After attending Camp Logos some 3 years ago, I have since purchased the Logos Training Manuals, the Camp Logos Live DVD's and Syllabus and I just purchased the LearnLogos DVD's from John.  I know I have spent a couple of dollars but I have found all the training to be top notch.  It has increased my understanding of Logos and my study and sermon preparation has greatly improved.

Thanks to Logos and all of you for your input in helping me become better in studying and delivering God's Word!

Posts 1
Kevin Muster | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 12:56 AM

John Fallahee:

I'll second that Morris!

The approach I have taken is to make training affordable and not sacrifice quality.

Plus, I include the exclusive interactive and non-interactive videos for both learning styles. The interactive format simulates the Logos 4 experience, as if you are using the program! It's cool to use and very effective in speeding up the learning curve.

As a former Logos employee who pioneered their online training, and as a representative for Logos for 3 years training up people like John Piper and Kay Arthur, and running seminars like Morris; I discovered that training is not merely learning a feature, nor simply applying that feature as you study. There is another important component in training and that is Bible study/Sermon Preparation methodology.

Enjoy!

John Fallahee, LearnLogos.com

Do not hesitate to purchase his training videos.  I've been in school for the past decade.  As a recent UCLA graduate in Acting and now a Seminary student at TTU, I believe that John is one of the few teachers with the natural ability to get his point across in an effective way, so that you understand not only what you are doing but why you are doing it, which helps you retain what you have learned.   

And PLEASE don't underestimate the 130 book reviews.  I have been fortunate enough to use Logos in 2 of John's classes at TTU, and not only is the training top notch, the book reviews allowed me to see what Logos was offering that I wanted to add to my library.  When he reviews the books, you get to see him navigate the material, so you can see the layout of each resource and the pros and cons of each one.  I used these reviews to compile a list of resources to add to the Platinum Package I already had and am completely satisfied with the additions I have made to my library.  I knew I was going to spend quite a bit of money on some additions and wanted to take advantage of the installment options.  Knowing I would be charged $5 every order, I decided to make one huge order, and I used John's Book reviews to make most of my decisions.   

God Bless you and your families,

Kevin

Posts 1135
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2011 1:52 PM

Kevin Muster:
Do not hesitate to purchase his training videos

I love his webinar idea where you can be at home and online listening to John and with the ability to ask questions and get answers.  These are free sessions.  Because I didn't know about them, I missed out but I am able to purchase the downloads of the webinars very inexpensively.  I am working through them and was so blessed by a two hour session where John did a word study in Logos 4 using the LXX.  I've had the LXX in my Logos library for years and barely used it.  Talk about in depth training!  He is giving me what I need now-more focus on the resources and how to use them, not just the features of Logos 4.  

And I loved Camp Logos Live by Morris and all of Mark's unofficial tutorials, too! 

Posts 12
Pastor Mark Stevenson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 2:22 AM

Mpseminar.com/alumni is the alumni site.

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 6:14 AM

Mark Stevenson:

Mpseminar.com/alumni is the alumni site.

You forgot the "s" in seminars in the website

www.mpseminars.com/alumni

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 6:38 AM

Michael Huffman:

My Suggestion is that people look up John Fallahee at Learnlogos.com. He is a former Logos employee and an absolutely extraordinary teacher. And you will find that His training materials are very reasonably priced. And HE gives FREE webinars a few times a  month and a free news letter. I understand that Morris' products are needlessly high ,he is not a not-for-profit organization and neither is John, but his work is equally as good to Morris', if not a bit better because John's DVD's are interactive which makes the learning curve better because you do each step. Give it a look. 

Thanks for pointing that site out - I will seriously consider purchasing from there. I'm not paying $200 for CDs that tell me how to use a reverse interlinear or language study tools when I read direct and don't need this. And do I really want to pay out again when Logos 5 comes out? I previously bought the MP Seminar shortcut CDs and found them unbearably repetitive, to be honest. 

Posts 72
Chris D. Mallea | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:31 AM

I recently purchased and viewed Morris' Camp Logos I DVD.  I learned quite a bit and for me this is the best medium for me to learn.  The video quality, callouts and Morris' teaching style are excellent to say the least.  I think it was well worth the price tag.  If I were to go to a seminar I'd have travel costs, food, and lodging costs.  With the DVD's I can watch them here at home over and over again if need be.

If you want a cheaper solution, they are out there.  In my opinion you get what you paid for.   I have around $1800 invested in my Logos software, why on earth would I shortcut the process in learning the software based on cost at this point?

Posts 72
Chris D. Mallea | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:35 AM

Morris, hopefully you are still watching this thread.  When will your Camp Logos II DVD's be available for purchase?  I've just finished the first DVD and am hungry for more!!

Chris

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:40 AM

Chris D. Mallea:
Morris, hopefully you are still watching this thread.  When will your Camp Logos II DVD's be available for purchase?  I've just finished the first DVD and am hungry for more!!

We are getting very close, they are on Pre-Pub now and there has been a great deal of interest already.

Camp Logos II DVD

Posts 72
Chris D. Mallea | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:59 AM

Hi Dan;

Thanks for replying.  I am already on the pre-pub list for Camp Logos II.  It states that the material is "Under Development".  Based on my experience with that phrasing it could still be several months out. 

Just trying to figure out, realistically, how long that really means.  I know that every project has a target date for completion.  Would be nice for Logos to use a count down bar for project completion date, much like a progress bar when installing software.  At least then we could see how long we really had.  I understand that there are sometimes delays that set a roll out date back.  The counter could be reset then as well.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:06 AM

Chris D. Mallea:
Just trying to figure out, realistically, how long that really means.  I know that every project has a target date for completion.  Would be nice for Logos to use a count down bar for project completion date, much like a progress bar when installing software.  At least then we could see how long we really had.  I understand that there are sometimes delays that set a roll out date back.  The counter could be reset then as well.

As soon as we get a really good estimate for a ship date we post it on the site. Typically we review Pre-Pubs on Mondays to see if we have a fresh date to post. Check the site early next week, and we will probably have an estimated ship date posted.

Posts 12
Pastor Mark Stevenson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:44 AM

I agree with you Chris, we generally get what we pay for. I was at Camp logos 1 & 2 this September in LA and found Morris to be a very good teacher. One of the best! I would bet the DVD's are great because you can see that what Morris does what he does with exelance and you don't get real quality just anywhere. Most of the time things are just not what they are cracked up to be, but with Morris you get real quality. If the price is an issue, bless our brother Morris who is doing an exallent job and move on to the lesser priced sessions and rejoice that you can get something YOU enjoy at a price YOU are happy with. God Bless all of you for preaching and teaching the Word of God! Do it with all the passion you can muster as the day approaches!

Posts 87
David Emme | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 11:03 AM

Mark Stevenson:
 I agree with you Chris, we generally get what we pay for.

Do not thiknk those 500 dollar hammers and thousand dollar toilet seats ever nade the US Navy better!

Posts 72
Chris D. Mallea | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 4 2011 1:14 PM

Apples to oranges so not a legitimate comparison.  Big Smile

I can tell you that I did a calculation of what it would cost me to go to an on-site seminar.  I live in Bend Oregon so I was looking at going to the seminar in Bellingham, WA. 

Here's the breakdown:

8 hours drive each way.  I'd have to drive up on Wed to attend class the next day.

Hotel for three nights.  Don't think I'd want to do an 8 hour drive after being in class the second day.  Class gets out at 1430 so realistically I wouldn't leave town until 1600.  I would spend the night and leave early the next morning.

Cost of seminar=$250

Fuel=$265

Lost wages for Thursday/Friday=$576.  Even though I have vacation time there is a cost associated with that. I don't "give" my vacation time away.

Hotel=$255

Food=$120

Total cost to go to seminar would be $1466.  Cost of seminar on DVD is $200.  By buying the DVD as opposed to going to the seminar I am paying 14% of the cost of actually attending a seminar in person.  Added benefit is that I have the DVD on hand to review as many times as I want to. I am getting exactly the same training on DVD as I would in class.  DVD's are filmed during actual seminars.   As far an an investment in my money as well as my time, buying the DVD's as opposed to going to the seminar makes good sense.  YMMV

Page 3 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS