New Reasons to Download the Free Logos App

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Steven A. Zamperin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 9:15 AM

I am still wondering when your group will develop an app that will work for a phone other than that of an IPhone?

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 9:17 AM

Steven A. Zamperin:

I am still wondering when your group will develop an app that will work for a phone other than that of an IPhone?

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!! There are twice as many users of the Android system than there are of Windows Mobile or iPhone. Please bring Android!!!!!!!!!!

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 9:26 AM

I gotta say that's very impressive stuff.  

Especially since the Android version is hopefully going to have the same or similar feature set.

Once Highlighting is added, I'll be headed back to the phone store.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1
Roger Banner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 9:26 AM

I'm excited to see Logos on mobile devices, but I an an Android user.  I am eagerly waiting for Logos for Android.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 9:26 AM

@Steven @Michael

The Android version is on the way: http://logos.com/android

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 27
UncleBob | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 9:43 AM

These changes are just wonderful. I know you guys have been really busy trying to get this stuff out, and it is APPRECIATED.

One suggestion: In Bibles, hyperlink the verse numbers, and when selected (and held) allow a popup selector that will allow multiple verses in a passage to be copied, as sometimes we need to copy/paste more than one verse at a time (OT software does this, great feature).

Thanks and God Bless you all

Catholic Daily Bible Reading Plan | Daily Catholic Lectionary Meditations

Posts 549
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 10:48 AM

Great job on 1.7 and thanks for this guide to the new features.

Posts 17
Danny | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 10:57 AM

It's been "on the way" for quite awhile and that announcement linked to states there is no timeline for completion. Seriously...substantive details on an Android implementation would be much appreciated.

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:04 AM

That all sounds really great...for those who use iPhone. When will this kind of functionality be available for Android??

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:04 AM

Danny:
It's been "on the way" for quite awhile ...substantive details on an Android implementation would be much appreciated.
I agree Danny, but despite my begging there isn't any forthcoming.  There is however this encouraging tweet from the Mobile development Lead at Logos.  (The same guy who authored this blog post.)

Check the Wiki

Posts 53
Jeff Miles | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 12:08 PM

Another one looking for the Android version, please.

Posts 10
Brian Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 12:50 PM

Thank you for the update. The features it adds are much appreciated.

Two requests. One minor and one major

1. The ability in settings to make the contents option rather than the verse option the default for Bible TOCs.

2. The ability to sync highlighting between the desktop and iOS versions.

Thanks for your hard work.

Posts 5
Brian Renshaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 1:01 PM

First, I absolutely love your software and the iPad app, it is absolutely wonderful.  One thing that would be awesome if it was added is a function like the Kindle or Nook where if you hold your finger on a word it will highlight and give you the definition from a dictionary.  I find myself many times reading a more scholarly work and needing to look up definitions a lot.  I love the software though, thanks so much!

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 2:30 PM

iPad App great, with one exception.  Reading history takes me to the last place I OPENED the book, not where I left off.  When I try to get it to take me to the page where I left off, it stubbornly returns to the last page I opened it at. This I find very annoying.  Is it a bug?  Can it please be solved a.s.a.p.? (Meanwhile it's a growth experience in the practice/development of patience.....)

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 3:05 PM

I have been very critical of this APP, but it has matured nicely.. I find it very useful and while I know it's not what i would like totally (I still wish I could sync via the computer rather than needing to download books off the net, but it's liveable). I would recommend it as a useful iPhone/iPad App. Yes Yes

-Dan

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:48 PM

Any way to turn off the hideous justification?  The blog made it sound like it was the same feature as in Logos 4.  But there you can toggle on/off.

Justification

No, it’s not the kind Paul writes of. I’m talking about fully-justified text. This release of the app uses the new hyphenation and justification feature of the Logos display engine. It looks beautiful and makes for a better reading experience. Justification is available for downloaded books.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 4:52 PM

For the Android app can we PLEASE have the option to download books to the SD card , so that we can do this via WiFi at home and avoid excessive roaming charges when overseas......?

Posts 1
William Keyes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 5:11 PM

Yes, yes, yes we are humbly and patiently waiting for the DROID App. Please give us some hope.

Smile

Posts 12
Dan Higgins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2011 8:47 PM

Two things keep from using this app. Vertical scrolling (so I can easily position the verse I am studying at the top or other position of the page - not the bottom.)  And highlighting as I do a lot of highlighting on my Mac.  Until I can see/sync/create highlighting and until I can scroll vertically I find the experience very disappointing and always end up returning to BibleReader.  Granted it doesn't have all my Logos resources but it has enough for what I do on the iPad.  If those features ever get added to the mobile version of Logos then I will be able to abandon BibleReader.  (I don't care for how highlighting is done in BibleReader but at least it has the capability.)

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS