Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 57 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:51 AM

Bob, you and some of the gang haven't been to bed yet?!  WOW.  You guys are incredible.  Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.  If Logos ever goes public and sells stock put me first in line to buy some!  Keep up the FANTASTIC work @Logos!

Posts 28
Jason Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:53 AM

All down on my Mac and now indexing. Looking good. Very happy to see its available for Mac even if it does say its an Alpha.

Posts 2712
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:00 AM

OK we have a Logos4 forum now, so I think we should move discussion to it http://community.logos.com/forums/76.aspx

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:01 AM

DominicM:
so yes I have been involved (in a small way) with  the beta testing

I can neither confirm nor deny such a program...

Posts 3229
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:04 AM

I purchased 4- Gold upgrade, when the download started it asked me to "find or save" I saved, clicked the file but it will not run or upgrade.

Did I miss something, it is not following the normal process it has in the past?

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:15 AM

How long have those of you who did beta testing been using Logos 4?

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:39 AM

Bryan Smith:

How long have those of you who did beta testing been using Logos 4?

About 6 weeks.

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:45 AM

Damian how does it run on the 1000h?  I've got the same netbook and I'll be running Logos 4 on it.

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 3:51 AM

Looks like this is the link to the setup file:

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:06 AM

Bryan,

I haven't changed my specs. I should. 

I maxed out the Ram (the whole 2GB) and added a 350GB 7200MHz hard drive.... it runs like a dream.

With only 1 GB, it struggles a bit... My notebook is finding the going a little bit tough.

The Hard drive space requirement will depend on your library. I have a very large library of books and the index will be about half the size of the library. So, you need room to move.

The only real problem I face is with indexing. On my machine it takes about 15 hours. The mighty little warrior has done me proud with a continuous rechurning of the index (which will now hopefully come to an end!)

Fire away with any other questions - here to serve...

EDIT:  I've just updated the netbook specs. May show soon.

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:10 AM

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:21 AM

Looks like I have a while to wait...

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:36 AM

Go ahead and post.  There are a lot of us Beta testers that have reviews up today.  Here is mine, and some others should soon be linked at the bottom of my post.

Logos 4 is HERE!

Enjoy!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:39 AM

Bryan Smith:
I'm noticing the choice between a 3.x CD or DVD-ROM and downloads on the order pages for individual resources like Liddell Scott http://www.logos.com/products/details/1772
Most Logos 4 resources will work in 3.0, and all 3.0 resources will work in 4.0.  Most have been rebuilt and retagged for improved use in 4.0.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:42 AM

Adrian Frost:
Phew, something just kicked into life... I went to the settings page and now have a "Downloads Available" notice and it's downloading 1.3Gb of data. My day just got better!!
That is working properly Adrian... first the program shell downloads, then it sync all your licenses and then it downloads all the new and improved resources!  It will need to index the books once they are downloaded.  It will take some time, but the end result is really a much more powerful Logos.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:45 AM

Jason Prince:
All down on my Mac and now indexing. Looking good. Very happy to see its available for Mac even if it does say its an Alpha.
Yes, that is great news! 

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:43 AM

Thanks Joe,

It's taken nearly half the day to do the download - 9.2Gb and the indexing has taken about three hours. But (nearly) everything seems to be all present and correct. I'm enjoying the new experience. the next step is transfering everything on my little netbook... should be fun.

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 2712
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:50 AM

read this http://community.logos.com/forums/t/3193.aspx it will save you downloading it those resources again

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS