Middle-click with Logos for Mac

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 156
Jacques | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 9 2011 5:37 PM

I've noticed lots of usefulness for middle-clicks with Logos for PC. Here's a thread that talks about a few:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/26295.aspx?PageIndex=3

I use a Logitech mouse with my Mac, set for Middle-click on scroll wheel - but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone figured out if this is supported for Logos for Mac at all?

thanks

Posts 2410
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 10:17 PM

Pretty much anything can be set to be done on any click using System Preferences or one of the extension utilities for the magic mouse.

I can't provide more details as my mice seem to have disappeared since I got the trackpad which has as many possibilities.

Posts 8375
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2011 2:54 AM

Jacques:

I've noticed lots of usefulness for middle-clicks with Logos for PC. Here's a thread that talks about a few:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/26295.aspx?PageIndex=3

Personally have the scroll wheel button set to Expose. That whole discussion seems to be PC specific, and I did not see a discussion of middle-click (I did not want to read all 77 posts).

To send a link to a specific post in a thread, right-click on the little icon between the avatar and the poster's name and select copy link from the context menu.

Posts 13055
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2011 3:10 AM

Jacques:
Has anyone figured out if this is supported for Logos for Mac at all?

Using Logos 4.2a SR-4 (4.21.5.0947) on Mac:

Middle mouse click to close tab = No

Middle mouse click on Library or Search icon to open in a new tab = No

Middle mouse click on reference to open preferred Bible to reference in a new background tab = No

Using Mac OS X terminal, middle mouse click to copy and paste = Yes (verified middle mouse click worked)

Wiki Feature Parity updated.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8147
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:39 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Middle mouse click on reference to open preferred Bible to reference in a new background tab = No

Using Mac OS X terminal, middle mouse click to copy and paste = Yes (verified middle mouse click worked)

Wiki Feature Parity updated.

This was removed from the Parity list with 4.5 (rev #106), yet none of these seem to work for me now either.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8147
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 19 2012 8:26 PM

Can someone confirm this, please.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8147
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 2:52 PM

I would still want someone to confirm this.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8147
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:52 AM

Bump.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 13055
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:29 PM

Using Logos 4.6a Beta 2 (4.61.0.3185) on Mac OS X 10.6.8:

Middle mouse click to close tab = Yes

Middle mouse click on Library or Search icon to open in a new tab = No (added to Wiki Feature Parity not yet fixed list)

Middle mouse click on reference to open preferred Bible to reference in a new background tab = Yes

Using Mac OS X terminal, middle mouse click to copy and paste = Yes (verified middle mouse click worked since TrackPad does not have a middle mouse option)

Keep Smiling Big Smile

Posts 8147
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 22 2012 3:25 PM

Middle mouse click to close tab = Yes

Middle mouse click on Library or Search icon to open in a new tab = No (added to Wiki Feature Parity not yet fixed list)

Middle mouse click on reference to open preferred Bible to reference in a new background tab = Yes

Using Mac OS X terminal, middle mouse click to copy and paste = Yes (verified middle mouse click worked since TrackPad does not have a middle mouse option)

OK, I need to Embarrassed. I had checked System Preferences a number of times, but it seems I had a blackout every one of them (beginning dementia?). Yes, it said 'click' where it should say 'click', but it also said 'click' where it should have said 'middle-click'. Now I too can close and open in the background with a middle click.Smile

Thanks for your patience!

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 13055
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 5:57 PM

Middle mouse click on Library or Search icon to open in a new tab = No (added to Wiki Feature Parity not yet fixed list)

Not yet fixed in Logos 5.1 Beta 9 on OS X 10.8.3

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13055
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 5:28 PM

Middle mouse click on Library or Search icon to open in a new tab = No (added to Wiki Feature Parity not yet fixed list)

Not yet fixed in Logos 5.1a RC 3 on OS X 10.8.4

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS