iPad Like Tablet to Run Logos

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2747
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:42 AM

For those waiting for a good ipad like tablet that will run the full version of logos, there is a possible contender.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/761072-REG/Acer_LE_RK602_047_W500_Tablet.html

Pre-order it for $550.

I'm not associated with them at all. Just know I've read a lot of posts here about people wanting something like this. This looks like the best option available now until an AMD Fusion tablet pc comes that will offer iPad like battery life. This one promises only 6 hours which means you can reasonably expect 4 hours.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 6:59 AM

That looks quite compelling Kevin, thanks for the heads up.  I'd definitely want to max out the ram but otherwise not bad.  I continue to be in the market for something like this - full featured but light.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 8:18 AM

I'm defintely a "me too" on this or something like it! Thanks for the info . . .

Posts 2835
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 8:32 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  Sounds very interesting.  Should run Logos, though 2 GB ram will make L4 run slowly.  But it is the closest thing yet to a tablet PC that can run the full L4.  Should be a market for it.

For now, I will stick with my iPad and my laptop.  This Acer tablet sounds a little heavy and a little slow for me.  I personally think I had rather run the full L4 from my laptop than a tablet, but that is just me.  That way there are no limitations, and I can multitask with Word and Evernote. 

The iPad is more of a Logos ebook reader, but it does more and more serious study everyday.  It is invaluable to me.  Logos on the iPad has become my personal Bible for devotional reading, church, and Bible studies as well. 

I don't think other tablets will catch up to Logos on the iPad for a few years.  The Microsoft 7 operating system is not really designed for the tablet, and that will make it less functional even with enough hardware.  However, the next version of Microsoft may be more compatible.  Or microsoft may come out with an operationg system designed for a tablet. 

In the immediate future, I think the more likely challenge to iPad would be something like an Android system.  (By the way, I am not a Mac person.  My laptop is a PC.) 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1204
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:39 AM

My Sr boss uses this tablet and likes it.  I didn't get a chance to run it throughit's paces before it disappeared into the boardroom.  My concern is that L4 uses 25GB of my drive today; add Win7, Office2010, and that SSD is more than full.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS