Sympathetic Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
Rick Abshier | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:37 AM

I just discovered this feature today (new to 4.0) but I have NA26 and a Libronix version of BHS.  So, that feature is not available.  I'm hardly an original language scholar but would like to have this feature.  Is there an economical way to make this work without getting NA27 and a new version of BHS?  Thanks!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:39 AM

Hi Rick,

what base Logos package do you have (e.g. Scholar's library)?

EDIT: you might want to look at this wiki page: Sympathetic highlighting

Knowing your base package, would help us tell you which books that you can setup to do what you want.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:01 PM

Welcome to the L4 world, Rick! and welcome to the Forums as well.

Sympathetic highlighting truly is a great addition to Logos. I use it for three primary things 1)finding variants very quickly between the NA27 and Scrivener's text (Majority) Basically highlight the text in one and anything that doesn't get highlighted in the other is a difference between the two. 2)Finding the english translation to a Greek phrase is Lake's Church Fathers. 3) quickly illuminating the parallel translations to an English phrase.

As mentioned above, knowing your base package will help us know what you are able to do. Just as a reminder if you are following this thread through email, you will have to go back to the forum to reply. Happy hunting for the wonderful uses of L4!

<EDIT> Its possible that the feature just isn't turned on. Make sure the following is turned on in both of your resources.

Posts 27
Rick Abshier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:10 PM

Thanks - the option to turn it on isn't available in my NA26 or BHS that I have.  I upgraded my ancient collection (started back in 1.6 days) with just the Bible Study base package to start. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:15 PM

Ah, then your English translations may be the only place Sympathetic highlighting is available.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:39 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Ah, then your English translations may be the only place Sympathetic highlighting is available.

Philip! 

*smile*              Thank you!                             Blows my mind!                      Have been using sympathetic highlighting since the very beginning ................. !!!

with Greek and Hebrew              ...................                 frequently!                                             AND!   Never EVER noticed that I could use it with my English Translations....

What on earth else have I not noticed yet with Logos 4???????

Peace to all!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 12 2011 1:02 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
Never EVER noticed that I could use it with my English Translations....

Isn't L4 amazing :-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS