NIDONTT

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 13 2011 7:36 PM

I added the New International Dictionary of NT Theology to my library today and prioritized it and still when I right click a word in the bible it doesn't show up. I have other dictionaries prioritized so thats not the problem. Could it be because the word is referenced in the greek in the NIDNTT?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 7:43 PM

Ronald I'm venturing into Mac land hoping I'm right.  :-)

Yes I believe you're correct, I'm not at my Logos PC to check it out right now but IIRC NIDONTT will follow the greek.  To check this, when you right click a word in your Bible (assuming it is an interlinear Bible), look on the right hand side of the menu that pops up and look for the Lemma, click that Lemma line and then you should be able to see NIDONTT in the left hand side.  

There may be some differences in that description from the PC side of things, but in essence it should work.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 7:53 PM

I clicked on the Lemma and it don't show up there ether. I'm doing it using the NKJ is that the problem?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 7:56 PM

It shouldn't be a problem - I thought the NKJV was tagged with all the interlinear(Lemma) information.

Are you seeing any resources on the bottom left hand side of the menu?  If so, make sure your preferred resource is prioritized above them.  (and incidentally which ones are you seeing?)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 9096
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:09 PM

Ronald Sharp:
I clicked on the Lemma and it don't show up there ether.

It could be that the NIDNTT does not have an entry for the word you are trying to link to. The NIDNTT is not an exhaustive lexicon for NT Greek. There are words it does not cover. Perhaps you have happened upon one of them. Try some other words and see if you can link to them from the NKJV. When I prioritize the NIDNTT among my top five Greek Lexicons and a word I right click on has a NIDNTT entry I do see the option to open that link.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9096
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:12 PM

Here's an example from Luke 16:18 (NKJV) using the Windows version of Logos 4 which will look somewhat different from your Mac version but the functionality should be the same:

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:22 PM

The NIDNTT doesn't show up as yours does in the example you sent. What does show up is CGED, GEL,ESL,IGEL,GELONT. I have it prioritized in the library.

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:27 PM

I went to the Luke 16:18 and it doesn't come with it ether.

Posts 9096
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:36 PM

Ronald Sharp:
I went to the Luke 16:18 and it doesn't come with it ether.

You haven't said in what relative priority you prioritized the NIDNTT. You need to drag it and place it among the top five prioritized lexicons for this to work. Please do this if you haven't. Put it first for now and try again.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 64
Ronald Sharp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2011 8:48 PM

That was the problem. Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS