Help adding High Def Philippians Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 16 2011 2:44 PM | Locked

As others have already expressed, I'm having an issue with downloading new resources on L4 Beta 4.3.

The new high def Philippians Commentary is available but so far it has failed to download. I have managed to download the file manually and tried the scan command but as yet the resource doesn't seem to be being added to my library.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, and L4 still keeps trying to download the resource itself and getting stuck at various points.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 2:48 PM | Locked

Paul,

Did you follow this (from the wiki page Logos 4 Commands )

Scan

1. Scan {Resource Path} - finds unlocked books in a folder or on a disk.
  2. Scan DVD - (PC) finds unlocked books on a media disk.
  3. Scan Optical Media - (Mac) finds unlocked books on a media disk.

Note:

• You must restart Logos before this command will execute.
  • The scan command will search all directories/folders under the given path.
  • “scan Optical Media” and “scan dvd” require a CD or DVD to be in the drive before you run the command.
  • The command will run a full scan of any LDLS3 (or Libronix 1.2.2 directories on Mac) and Logos 4 Resource folders in addition to what you specify.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 2:50 PM | Locked

steve clark:

Paul,

Did you follow this

Scan

1. Scan {Resource Path} - finds unlocked books in a folder or on a disk.
  2. Scan DVD - (PC) finds unlocked books on a media disk.
  3. Scan Optical Media - (Mac) finds unlocked books on a media disk.

Note:

• You must restart Logos before this command will execute.
  • The scan command will search all directories/folders under the given path.
  • “scan Optical Media” and “scan dvd” require a CD or DVD to be in the drive before you run the command.
  • The command will run a full scan of any LDLS3 (or Libronix 1.2.2 directories on Mac) and Logos 4 Resource folders in addition to what you specify.

I did follow this yes.

Got a logos is indexing your library icon, but also a logos is downloading resources..... checked library and no signs of high def commentary

Posts 299
Robert Mullen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 2:56 PM | Locked

Paul Gisbourne:

I did follow this yes.

Got a logos is indexing your library icon, but also a logos is downloading resources..... checked library and no signs of high def commentary

I had to do this several times and it ultimately did work. I also turned off automatic updates. Not sure that is necessary but the guide that shows how to do an install without downloading recommends it.

Funny thing is my main desktop downloaded the commentary with no problem even though it has had a 150 Meg download sticking for a week and a half. This last beta is a strange beast.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 2:57 PM | Locked

hmmm...i am a windows user, but i would try opening Tools->Program Settings and turn Off Automatic Updates. Close L4. Then open L4 and run the scan command again. Then close L4 and open it again. It seems if it was trying to index that the scan command might have found the resource; but was interrupted by the download (turning Off the auto update might prevent the download but you have to close & reopen L4 after changing it).

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 3:08 PM | Locked

Paul Gisbourne:

As others have already expressed, I'm having an issue with downloading new resources on L4 Beta 4.3.

The new high def Philippians Commentary is available but so far it has failed to download. I have managed to download the file manually and tried the scan command but as yet the resource doesn't seem to be being added to my library.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, and L4 still keeps trying to download the resource itself and getting stuck at various points.

Curious about downloaded file location and scan command used ?

Wiki Copy Logos 4 Resources to Mac OS X section has example scan command for Resource folder on Mac desktop.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2011 12:08 AM | Locked

Thanks guys,

have had no success with this as of yet, I'm pretty much resolved right now to keep trying the download, as have had to do with previous downloads as well as wait for next beta in hope the download issue is resolved and its business as usual.

Paul Smile

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2011 7:21 AM | Locked

Not working for me either.

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2011 2:32 PM | Locked

Noooooooooo.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96% download..... and it stops!    That is cruel!!

After so many attempts at trying to download this.... Crying

Posts 13118
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2011 3:21 PM | Locked

If you want to manually download and then SCAN, the URL is http://resources.assets.logos.com/lls_hidefcom71php/2011-04-14T19_13_34Z/HIDEFCOM71PHP.logos4

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2011 10:32 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:

Thanks Mark.

That worked a treat.... Smile

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2011 1:50 PM | Locked

Mark Barnes:

Thanks! That worked. Now...when does our next Beta drop...

Big Smile

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 422
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2011 1:54 PM | Locked

I hope it comes out today... today is 2 weeks ago

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS