Feature Req: Add "Open in a floating window" with zoom controls to right-click context menu for images

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Andrew Stewart | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:56 AM

I frequently run into maps and images that I would like to look at closer, especially when I am on my laptop with a 14" screen.  Currently the only way I know how to zoom in on these images is to copy/paste them into an image viewer.  

I would love to be able to stay within Logos and be able to look a the images.  Logos already detects these as images in the right-click context menu.  I just wish there was an option to open the image in a floating window and use the zoom controls that are available in the Biblical People and Places to look closer at the image.  

Also, a zoom slider would be nice for when I'm using my laptop that doesn't have a mouse wheel.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2011 11:06 AM

Andrew Stewart:

I frequently run into maps and images that I would like to look at closer, especially when I am on my laptop with a 14" screen.  Currently the only way I know how to zoom in on these images is to copy/paste them into an image viewer.  

I would love to be able to stay within Logos and be able to look a the images.  Logos already detects these as images in the right-click context menu.  I just wish there was an option to open the image in a floating window and use the zoom controls that are available in the Biblical People and Places to look closer at the image.  

Also, a zoom slider would be nice for when I'm using my laptop that doesn't have a mouse wheel.

It's already in there.  Maps open in their own floating window and can be sized by using the wheel on your mouse.  Images such as those which appear regularly on the home page can also be opened in a floating window which can be enlarged to full screen.

Oops !  I just noticed that you don't have a mouse wheel (you could buy one).  There is an alternative -- <ctrl - +> will enlarge the map (I am speaking of maps from "Biblical Places" in case you are thinking of something else).  If you need to you can "grab" the map with the left mouse button and position it on the screen should it move severely to one side.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 34
Andrew Stewart | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2011 11:32 AM

How do you open them in their own floating window?  

I was looking at a map of Bethany from the Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary. When I double-click the image, the entire image is highlighted/darkened.   When I right-click it, I can select from the "Headword" or "Image" context menus, and there is no option to open the image in a floating window on "Image" context menu:

Posts 22731
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2011 11:58 AM

Edit: deleted as incorrect information provided.

Posts 22731
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2011 12:02 PM

Hi Andrew

Andrew Stewart:
How do you open them in their own floating window?  

F11 does this when using Biblical Places but not sure how to do it from within resources such as the Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS