Reverse Interlinears - Hiding?

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:37 AM

I've done all the down loading, the indexing only has 6 minutes left to run and I've already been having a look around... very nice, thank you Logos!

I have a question though... I can't find any reverse interlinears. A search in the Library shows nothing even though all my other resources show up. So I'm wondering whether they're just more behind the scenes than before?

If I have the ESV open I get an "Interlinear" button that opens something up at the bottom of the display that seems to be a reverse interlinear but it's stuck in Genesis and doesn't follow the passage selected.

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Adrian

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 1779
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:42 AM

The reverse interlinears are now integrated into the main resource.  So, to use a RI:

Open of the main resource (ESV, NRSV, NKJV, NASB)

Look for the "interlinear" button on the bar at the top of the resource.

Click it.

Now, Logos 4 will display RI information for any selected word.  For better or worse, this information does not scroll as you move around - you have to select words for which you want interlinear information.

Logos has announced that something more like the traditional display for these resources will return sometime next year.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 2809
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:44 AM

What happens when you click on a work in the ESV - I mean an english word up top? If it doesn't move then, you have a problem. If it doesn't move until you click it, I think that is normal, at least that is the way it works on my system and has since early in beta.

Posts 1717
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:44 AM

The Interlinear button in the ESV is the new home of the reverse interlinear. Just click a word in the surface text to center it in the reverse interlinear panel below.

In response to beta user feedback, we're working to offer an alternate "full screen" view like we used in Logos 3; for now it's done at the bottom of the window. It's different, but it makes some things easier -- you can get to it at anytime without opening an alternate resource.

Try opening two Bibles with reverse interlinears (ESV and NRSV, for example), to the same passage, and then highlight in one to see the equivalent text highlighted in the other.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:45 AM

Bob Pritchett:
In response to beta user feedback, we're working

Have you even been able to get a nap in today?

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:46 AM

Adrian Frost:

I've done all the down loading, the indexing only has 6 minutes left to run and I've already been having a look around... very nice, thank you Logos!

I have a question though... I can't find any reverse interlinears. A search in the Library shows nothing even though all my other resources show up. So I'm wondering whether they're just more behind the scenes than before?

If I have the ESV open I get an "Interlinear" button that opens something up at the bottom of the display that seems to be a reverse interlinear but it's stuck in Genesis and doesn't follow the passage selected.

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Adrian

Adrian,

You've discovered the Interlinears of L4! Congrats. Those Bibles that have an interlinear have it incorporated right in. You toggle it on or off by the Interlinear toggle.

One glitch that's not yet been fixed is the way it doesn't scroll with you. Click on a word in the English text and the interlinear it jumps to there.

Chris

Well, while I'm typing, Bob is answering -- better than me.

Chris

Posts 2809
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:49 AM

Wow! You got four answers (or 1 answer four times) within 10 minutes.  Now that's service!

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:55 AM

Wow, thanks for the incredibly speedy response! I'm guessing that some folk haven't slept much because I saw responses this morning at about 8am GMT (I think that was the time here).

Words have been clicked as suggested and everything works. I was so near, yet so far :)

Thanks for the help

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 140
Mark Allison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 12:02 PM

I'm using the Mac version and don't see any interlinear button. Does that mean there isn't any way to view interlinear bibles in the Mac version?

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 12:04 PM

Mark Allison:

I'm using the Mac version and don't see any interlinear button. Does that mean there isn't any way to view interlinear bibles in the Mac version?

Mark, Not all Bibles have an interlinear. ESV, NRSV, KJV do. Try one of those. I don't have a Mac. Others will have to confirm if that has been implemented on the Mac version yet.

Chris

Posts 140
Mark Allison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 12:12 PM

No luck with the ESV, NRSV or KJV. 

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 12:14 PM

Joe Miller where are you??

Joe is a Mac guy. He can answer this. Be patient.

Chris

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:46 PM

Adrian Frost:

Wow, thanks for the incredibly speedy response! I'm guessing that some folk haven't slept much because I saw responses this morning at about 8am GMT (I think that was the time here).

Words have been clicked as suggested and everything works. I was so near, yet so far :)

Thanks for the help

And don't forget also "Sympathetic Highlighting". Smile It shows you the word(s) in the original language in the context (and vice versa).

Bohuslav

Posts 13
Adrian Warnock | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:30 PM

Hurrah!  I had not seen that you had decided to bring back our reverse interlinears as a book you can read!  I have to say that I for one will be keeping version 3 on my computer until that is fixed as I LOVE the ESV reverse interlinear.  I will also presumably have to keep it anyway for a while coz I am a mac user Wink

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:46 PM

Mark,

Logos 4 for Mac still lacks many features, hence its being in early Alpha stage. Reverse interlinear is one of the missing features. As development continues, we will see new features work their way into the Mac engine. Integrated reverse interlinear will be among them, and I can't wait! I for one immediately fell in love with the integrated interlinear. It is one of my favorite new features.

Posts 4
Brian Byers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 11:50 AM

I am running L4 on a Windows XP machine, and I don't get the Interlinear option on either the ESV, NRSV, or the KJV.  The only thing that I can think of is that the L4 program doesn't accomodate communication through proxy server properly, since at start I have to select to work offline.  Is being logged into one Logos account a requirement for  the Interlinear function to work?  Or is there just something else that is wrong with my software load?  I will check it when I get home tonight, but just noticed this issue and thought it rather odd.

Posts 2809
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 12:19 PM

Bob Pritchett:
Try opening two Bibles with reverse interlinears (ESV and NRSV, for example), to the same passage, and then highlight in one to see the equivalent text highlighted in the other.

This does not work for me.

I opened ESV and NRSV to Josh 5 and began clicking away in one and the other stayed where I last clicked in that panel. Do I have to turn something on/off to make it work?

Posts 1779
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 12:26 PM

This feature is called "Sympathetic Highlighting".  Make sure it is turned on.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 5616
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:21 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Bob Pritchett:

This does not work for me.

I opened ESV and NRSV to Josh 5 and began clicking away in one and the other stayed where I last clicked in that panel. Do I have to turn something on/off to make it work?

You actually have to select the word or words. Just clicking on the words doesn't do it.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 1:24 PM

Todd Phillips:
You actually have to select the word or words. Just clicking on the words doesn't do it.

Confirmed.

I made the same mistake during Beta testing. Took a while to figure out, but that's the right answer: select (don't just click on) the text.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS