Morris Proctor Camp Logos Live - Problems with Install & Running

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 10667
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2011 3:52 PM

David Kitchen:
The same goes for Disc 2 (Jack, see if waiting out disc 2 works for you)

That would not have done any good, as I am getting an error message from the Installer before it begins to load the videos. The main problem probably belongs to my DVD Drive. I installed, deleted, and reinstalled Disc 1 repeatedly, but it would never install Disc 2. Twice, the system would not even load the DVD, and I had to restart the computer in order to eject the disc (Don't tell any Windows user that I needed to reboot a Mac! Surprise). It seems strange, though, that Disc 1 never caused a problem and loaded correctly every time, but Disc 2 would never work.

I have been lusting after a 27" iMac, but a new DVD drive would probably be cheaper. Big Smile Perhaps I could take the advice I gave to Matthew 245694.aspx Geeked

I finally removed Camp Logos 1 from my Desktop and installed it on my MBP without incident. I then copied the entire installation to my desktop machine. Now, everything works as designed.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2011 4:14 PM

Jack Caviness:
I have been lusting after a 27" iMac, but a new DVD drive would probably be cheaper. Big Smile Perhaps I could take the advice I gave to Matthew 245694.aspx Geeked

I give you permission to buy that 27"  iMac.  Just be sure to take your redheaded teen bride to a nice restaurant.  (And delete that last sentence before she sees it.)

Again, I wonder out loud, "Is there an upgrade from Camp Logos Live DVDs to Camp Logos Academic DVDs?"

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 10667
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2011 4:33 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Just be sure to take your redheaded teen bride to a nice restaurant. 

She took me out yesterday, treated me like it was my birthday Geeked 

Posts 4
David Sumrall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 7:08 PM

David

Sorry but yes it is. I have attempted 8 times now to install in my Macpro. The videos are where they are supposed to be but no application comes up in the apps.  Can you send us a new installer by email?

Please I love Logos products , never had a problem before.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 7:44 PM

David Sumrall:

Sorry but yes it is. I have attempted 8 times now to install in my Macpro. The videos are where they are supposed to be but no application comes up in the apps.  Can you send us a new installer by email?

Please I love Logos products , never had a problem before.

Noticing CampLogosForMac application is 19.9 MB, which may be bit too big for email, wonder if Morris Proctor could copy Mac application to Logos ftp server, then link posted on forum for download ?  (would still need DVD's for video)

Matthew C Jones:

Jack Caviness:

I give you permission to buy that 27"  iMac.  Just be sure to take your redheaded teen bride to a nice restaurant.  (And delete that last sentence before she sees it.)

Apple has couple refurbished 27" iMac Quad Core i7 models:

2.8 GHz Quad Core i7 is $ 1,369 => http://store.apple.com/us/product/G0GF0LL/A

2.93 GHz Quad Core i7 is $ 1,569 => http://store.apple.com/us/product/G0JP0LL/A

Anticipate "new" refurbished purchases from Apple would qualify for OS X Lion upgrade.

Note: enabling 64 bit kernel in Snow Leopard improves Logos 4 Mac responsiveness (albeit Logos 4 Mac is 32 bit application).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4
David Sumrall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 7:47 PM

Followed the advice of some wise posters. Dragged the videos to itunes from the library and am happy as can be with them on my ipad. hahahahahaBig Smile Still would like a new installer however.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS