Word Biblical Commentary 1,2,3 John

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 128
Terry Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 25 2011 10:13 AM

If anyone has the print version would you be kind as to check this anomaly? I have found repeated instances of the word "verse" abbreviated with a simple "v" as in verse 9 (pg. 331): "In the previous v the writer ...."

Terry Cook

sDg

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2011 12:30 PM

Terry Cook:
If anyone has the print version would you be kind as to check this anomaly? I have found repeated instances of the word "verse" abbreviated with a simple "v" as in verse 9 (pg. 331): "In the previous v the writer ...."

Terry, mine shows the same as yours:

"9. In the previous v the writer has spoken of"  AND shortly thereafter:

In this v he refers to a “radical departure from the faith

Stephen S. Smalley, vol. 51, Word Biblical Commentary : 1,2,3 John, Word Biblical Commentary (Dallas: Word, Incorporated, 2002), 331.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2011 12:50 PM

Terry Cook:

I don't have the hard copy, but Amazon has page scans in their "Look Inside" feature.  Here is that page from Amazon, which shows that the print version is the same:

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS