Dictionary of the Apostolic Church - $10 in Community Pricing

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 56 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 11:53 AM

I am shocked and saddened--though not surprised-- that this and all other James Hastings resources are still sitting in limbo. They are priced at ridiculously low prices (I would gladly pay 5 times more than is asked for each), and yet they continue to languish. PEOPLE, now is the time! Sell your car, your boat, or your youngest child. Do what is necessary and bid high on ALL of the Hastings resources. To not do so would be a CRIME...and the judge is watching.

Do you think $10 is good for this 2 volume set? Of course it is!!!!

What about $15 for this 5 volume set!

Or $30 for this 13 volume set!! (I bid on this when they were asking nearly $300 for it. Now it just 10% of that, and over 96% off retail! A gimme!!)

Or just $40 for this 20 volume set!!! (This resource looks absolutely fabulous!)

Folks, NOW IS THE TIME. DO NOT EAT, DO NOT SLEEP, DO NOT BREATH DEEPLY UNTIL YOU HAVE BID ON ALL OF THESE ITEMS!

For those of you who have done so, I heartily applaude you!

For those who have not yet bid, may your conscience be your guide...and if that doesn't work, may the wrath of God give you a strong nudge.

Angel

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 12:15 PM

Fred Chapman:

This one is not far from $10. If we can get it done this weekend, we will have all next week to get it to $8 or less

I am in for $10  Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 2:24 PM

David Paul:
Sell your car, your boat, or your youngest child.

I see you are very passionate about Hastings. I am in at the going price. if I sold my house would that help? Big Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 10525
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 4:51 PM

Lynden Williams:
if I sold my house would that help?

Not unless the housing market is a lot better in the Paradise than it is here Crying

Posts 5
Gradon Schaub | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 8 2011 7:20 PM

I'm in for $10.

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 10:18 AM

Bump ....

OK, you guys that are busy during the week, but have a little extra time before Sunday:

- Explain the NT's usage of 'abide' specifically in the epistles. What was unusual about it?

- Fasting: do you have a good resource discussing the view during the apostolic period?

- How did Clement of Rome coordinate the two views of 'Abraham'?

Yes ... for less than 3 gallons of gasoline, YOU can easily answer these and other burning questions.

I know, I know ... you have Logos4 and can get 231,452 search results on these, but why not simply jump to a single resourse?

Soooo much easier (and you'll be helping your fellow Logosians too)!

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 11:34 AM

No offence, but

1) These questions have absolutely nothing to do with this thread...

and

2) Your questions verge away from being "where/how do I find" and approach "give your interpretation of"...at least in the first question.

In both instances, this isn't really the place for that.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 11:50 AM

David Paul:
nothing to do with this thread

I took the questions as typical of questions you would find the answer to in the Dictionary of the Apostolic Church.  I don't think they were intended to be taken any other way, but I could be mistaken.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 1:11 PM

David ... you're point kind of went 'loco'.

First, of course, there's the issue of why is the attack needed? I agree it fits in well with the Logos forums.

Second, I got the questions from the sample pages on Logos site for the book. So, that's pretty easy and you could have figured that out yourself.

And third, it appears to me that one of key features of the resource is its concentration in the apostolic period; a period I for one don't have a lot of resources on (my concentration is in the core greek writings).

Does this calm you down a bit?

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 1:18 PM

DMB:
one of key features of the resource is its concentration in the apostolic period; a period I for one don't have a lot of resources on (my concentration is in the core greek writings).

"Dictionary of the Apostolic Church (2 Vols.) contains all definitions of people, places, and theological terms from the book of Acts to the book of Revelation." (from the CP description)

That is why I have also recommended that anyone buying this set also buy The Dictionary of Christ and the Gospels, to completely cover the NT. The 2 sets really go together. I don't understand why there are so many fewer orders for that set.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 1:23 PM

David Paul:

Do you think $10 is good for this 2 volume set? Of course it is!!!!

What about $15 for this 5 volume set!

Or $30 for this 13 volume set!! (I bid on this when they were asking nearly $300 for it. Now it just 10% of that, and over 96% off retail! A gimme!!)

Or just $40 for this 20 volume set!!! (This resource looks absolutely fabulous!)

Folks, NOW IS THE TIME. DO NOT EAT, DO NOT SLEEP, DO NOT BREATH DEEPLY UNTIL YOU HAVE BID ON ALL OF THESE ITEMS!

For those of you who have done so, I heartily applaude you!

Of course, these are all good deals!  I've been in since day one.  You are most passionate about Hastings!  I think it is time to embrace the posture of having  kinder, gentler forumspeak.    Angel

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 5:01 PM

If a few who are in at $10 will raise their bid (I raised mine to $30 that will get us over the hump at $10 or less and you will get it for the lower price.

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 5:05 PM

Done.

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 9 2011 7:36 PM

David Paul:

1) These questions have absolutely nothing to do with this thread...

and

2) Your questions verge away from being "where/how do I find" and approach "give your interpretation of"...at least in the first question.

In both instances, this isn't really the place for that.

DMB:
why is the attack needed?
Is it just the nature of Muttonheads? Stick out tongue  It would be a Crime to waste a perfectly good Battering Ram.   Big Smile

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 11:52 AM

YHWH gave me two perfectly good shophars...I figure I should use 'em. Wink

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 12:09 PM

"Thou shalt not hijack a forum thread"

This resource is sitting so close to going over the top. http://www.logos.com/product/6379/dictionary-of-the-apostolic-church

Please consider bidding if you have not done so.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 1:05 PM

I have bid on all of Hastings products for well over what the current offerings are since they were first offered months ago.

I was introduced to Hasting's when I upgraded to platinum with The Great Christian Doctrines.

Then Hasting's entered the cp program and I was quick to add all his titles. I got The Greater Men and Women of the Bible for $9.00. It makes me giggle. The price for this prodoct today is $199.

Yes, all Hasting deals in cp are great deals and Logos users would do well to bid on them.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 6:16 PM

Bump.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 10 2011 6:18 PM

Matthew Hamrick:
I got The Greater Men and Women of the Bible for $9.00. It makes me giggle. The price for this prodoct today is $199.

Same here Matthew. I almost feel guilty for getting it at such a low price.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 12 2011 10:24 AM

Almost there. We need to hurry up, or it will cross too close to Friday, and the community will not have the opportunity to drive the cost down.

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS