Explorer 9 bugs

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 101
JR Woods | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 25 2011 3:48 PM

Downloaded explorer 9, and had nothing but issues with Logos website ever since. Even after placing Logos on my trusted sites with both the browser and the virus protection, and turning off the pop up blocker, every time I click a link to either place an order, or pre pub, or quick buy, forum posts, or even to sign in on the website, or anything at all having to do with clicking links, it kicks me back to the original home page, logs me out and admits no changes. When I click onto the link to my account in the software, it automatically signs me in, but then I search for a product in the search bar and when it shows the product page search results, it logs me back out.

To test my hypothesis, I went to my wife's computer, signed in, clicked on orders, pre pubs, etc. and had absolutely no problem, and she is on explorer 8. I had to set my pre pub there and make this blog entry on it too. She does not even have it on trusted web sites or anything special.

Little frustrating. I called the gals at the Logos support team and all I heard was, "we never heard of that before", or "funny it doesn't happen here," or "sounds like its on your end", etc. Well, girls, that still doesn't help much its not always about problem solving, sometimes customer support can resolve the issue, but I don't have to feel ignored just because you have trouble verifying the issue. I know after I say that, some tough guy will feel the need to come to their rescue now, but I cannot function on Logos with my web browser, after all I've done, and just called to get some support and I simply feel like I got dismissal. That not the service I'm used to at Logos.

I am not attacking anyone, regardless of the way this may sound folks so please do not play superman on me; I am not against the Logos team, they do a great job overall. I am simply looking for more insight into this problem to solve it. Maybe its a microsoft thing, I dont know. Do me a favor and do not reply to this if all you can do is defend the Logos person I dealt with. I just want insight into the issue.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2011 4:02 PM

Until it is resolved I would recommend downloading Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/fx/?from=getfirefox) or Chrome (http://www.google.com/chrome/).  I'm running IE 8 and will not upgrade until I must. I typically use Firefox and what I do do on IE is too important to risk messing up.

I'm pretty sure my wife's computer has 9 installed and I have not noticed any issues with it. That, along with the Logos tech support telling you that their computers were ok tells me the issue is probably with your installation of IE9 rather then the Logos site. I'm not sure what you've tried so far, but step one, I believe, would be to clear all history, and cache, close down IE and try the website again.

Just for future reference this is not the best Forum to put this issue. It's main design is for responses to the Logos blogs rather then tech support. There is a Logos.com Website forum. But ultimately, you'll get as much help as we can give you wherever you put the post :-)

Posts 153
Rob Kuefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2011 4:58 PM

I've used IE9 without any problem... and I've have no problem with getting it to log in and stay logged into my account. I did have problems with some of the release candidates but not with IE9 final. Is it possible your not running the final ie9 version? you also might try clicking on the compatibility button in the url address box. that seemed to help when I used the release candidates. the only other thing that might be an issue is active x filtering, though I don't if Logos uses that at all. If it's turned on in IE9 it can stop flash and other things from running. Check out Paul Theriot's Winsupersite for info about IE9 and active x filtering and some of the things it can prevent you from doing. http://www.winsupersite.com/article/windows-7/Internet-Explorer-9-Feature-Focus-ActiveX-Filtering.aspx

Hope this might help... blessings

Posts 23
Jim Poulsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2011 8:53 PM

I had problems with IE9 as well, not just with L4 though, so I uninstalled and now run IE8 without any issues. Not sure when it's safe to upgrade to IE9 !

Posts 101
JR Woods | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 5:08 AM

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your support.

I have finally remedied the problem. First, I did have the latest version. Second, I took Logos off my trust websites list.

Third, I restarted my computer to allow the widows updates to install. That's what did it. After restarting my computer,

the updates installed and I could use Logos fine. I'll tell ya though, real frustrating while that was going on and no one seemed to have the

correct answer. I frequently keep my computer on so I can get right to work in the morning. It must have been a while since I had restarted it

to give my computer a fresh start.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 5:24 AM

The other thing that can help with this sort of problem is using IE9 compatability view. If IE9 thinks that a webpage is old and may not be compatible a "broken page" icon appears on the address bar. Click on that and the site will be viewed as though you were using an older version of the browser.

When I first installed IE9 Beta I couldn't post to this forum, but the above steps sorted it out.

Posts 101
JR Woods | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 5:53 AM

Yea, I tried the compatability view, and that didnt do it either. That is a good insight though, I did not think to do that while I was going through this the first time.

I will keep that in mind in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS