Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 128
Terry Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 30 2011 11:08 AM

Greetings,

I have yet to master the advanced searches Logos software has despite being a user for nearly 12 years! I'm sure I'd be an expert if I practiced but I only use the more unique search features about twice a year. 

I'd like to find how often a pronoun occurs with an article preceding it, at the most, two words between. I'm not sure whether a Greek morph search or graphical query is best.

Please help!

Terry Cook

sDg

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2011 1:34 PM

Terry Cook:

Greetings,

I have yet to master the advanced searches Logos software has despite being a user for nearly 12 years! I'm sure I'd be an expert if I practiced but I only use the more unique search features about twice a year. 

I'd like to find how often a pronoun occurs with an article preceding it, at the most, two words between. I'm not sure whether a Greek morph search or graphical query is best.

Please help!

Terry Cook

sDg

Using the morph search enter "<article lemma> before 2 words <pronoun lemma>".  If you aren't fussy about the exact pronoun then I suppose you can simply select the box for pronoun and leave it unspecified.  I haven't tried this since I took Bradley's statement that the patch would prevent IE-9 from breaking L3 and installed both.  It's broken and I haven't gotten a response to my reply to his post.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2011 9:31 PM

George Somsel:
I haven't tried this since I took Bradley's statement that the patch would prevent IE-9 from breaking L3 and installed both.  It's broken and I haven't gotten a response to my reply to his post.

Let me update this.  I discovered that if I use "All Resources of Specified Morphology" rather than using "Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th Edition" the morph search will work.  It will not work with just the NA-27 -- bummer.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2011 9:41 PM

George Somsel:

George Somsel:
I haven't tried this since I took Bradley's statement that the patch would prevent IE-9 from breaking L3 and installed both.  It's broken and I haven't gotten a response to my reply to his post.

Let me update this.  I discovered that if I use "All Resources of Specified Morphology" rather than using "Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th Edition" the morph search will work.  It will not work with just the NA-27 -- bummer.

Second update. 

While the search with "All Resources of Specified Morphology" does produce results, this still does not include the NA27, and the NA-27 will not sync with the Scrivener edition which does produce results.  LOGOS, WHERE ARE YOU?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 128
Terry Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2011 5:06 AM

George,

none of this helped. I couldn't even get a search started.

Terry

sDg

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 1 2011 9:35 PM

George Somsel:
Using the morph search enter "<article lemma> before 2 words <pronoun lemma>".  If you aren't fussy about the exact pronoun then I suppose you can simply select the box for pronoun and leave it unspecified. 

George Somsel:

George Somsel:

George Somsel:

Second update. 

While the search with "All Resources of Specified Morphology" does produce results, this still does not include the NA27, and the NA-27 will not sync with the Scrivener edition which does produce results.  LOGOS, WHERE ARE YOU?

Apologies George, appears Logos Greek Morphology used with NA27 Interlinear (can compare with Scrivener):

Keep Smiling [:}

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS