Page 1 of 4 (73 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 72 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3
Bob McDonald | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:50 PM

Hi, I have Logos 3 and have also downloaded the free software for the iPhone - which is a great step forward by Logos. I feel a bit stupid writing this but I notice that  in the section "Free access to many of the Bibles featured at Bible.Logos.com (Click for preview)" that the NIV is one of the Bibles listed as being available on the iPhone. I have downloaded the software but cannot find it. Am I missing something? If it is not there, are there plans to make this available soon?

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 2:55 PM

BobMcDonald01:

Hi, I have Logos 3 and have also downloaded the free software for the iPhone - which is a great step forward by Logos. I feel a stupid writing this but I notice that  in the section "Free access to many of the Bibles featured at Bible.Logos.com (Click for preview)" that the NIV is one of the Bibles listed as being available on the iPhone. I have downloaded the software but cannot find it. Am I missing something? If it is not there, are there plans to make this available soon?

Do you have an account with Logos.com? Do you see other Bibles? If yes, than it might be Logos is still trying to obtain the permission for NIV. I do not see it either, although I see many other Bibles.

Bohuslav

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:19 PM

Hi Bob,

Sorry, but the NIV is indeed one of the resources that we have not yet obtained permission to distributed to the iPhone. The list of resources available on the phone will likely be changing quite a bit in the near future as we work with publishers.

Posts 3
Bob McDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:50 PM

Okay thanks for that really quick response. Looking forward to seeing how the software evolves.

Bob

Posts 32
Richard Stimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 2:59 AM

Is there a list somewhere that is being updated of what is useable on the iTouch?

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:20 PM

http://www.logos.com/iphone/support now has 2 lists of books. The first is what you get access to as an anonymous user. If you sign in you also get the second list. If you own a Logos 4 package you will get some of the books in your collection, though I don't think we currently have a complete list of titles yet.

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 11:17 PM

If you look closely at the book cover for the NIV on your "click for preview" it actually says, "Novum Testamentum Graece."

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:17 AM

The preview images on the page were taken while the App was still in internal testing. At that time we hadn't filtered out any titles. We threw the "Product configuration in screenshots is illustrative" in the footer, but I'll put on my list to update the images in the near future. thanks for the reminder.

Posts 24
Casey Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 3:06 PM

Any update on when to expect NIV access?  I'm currently having to switch out of Logos to Laridian to use the NIV (my translation of choice in study and preaching).

Posts 108
David Fish | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 3:10 PM

Casey,

Are you sure you want to use the NIV? Just messing with you. I love the Logos app since I have access to so many of my Logos resources. I use the Logos app, Laridian's PocketBible, and also Olive Tree. What one app doesn't provide the other one does. The Logos app that I really want is the NA 27. Glad to see you on this forum!

MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM (also running Parallels Desktop 8 and Windows 10 Professional) | iPad 3 (also have Windows 10 Desktop at home)

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 7:00 PM

David Fish:
The Logos app that I really want is the NA 27. Glad to see you on this forum!

The NA27 has the same text as the UBS4, which is already available: The Swanson New Testament Greek Morphology (UBS 4th Edition).

Posts 14
Flackey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:54 PM

Still would like to know when the NIV might be available.

Thanks

Andy

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:22 AM

Can the NIV be used if someone owns a base package?  

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:33 AM

Joe Miller:
Can the NIV be used if someone owns a base package?  

Nope Sad

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 7:38 PM

I would also like to hear an update about the status of the NIV.  I would rather have access to this one through the cool logos app than alot of the other books that are already available.

Posts 4
Nate Chatellier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 2:20 PM

The NIV bible is nearly the only reason I want the Logos software on my iPhone as I would use my desktop's software for most other purposes. Still no update on this? It has been over a year since this thread was started...  =(

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 3:16 PM

Nate Chatellier:

The NIV bible is nearly the only reason I want the Logos software on my iPhone as I would use my desktop's software for most other purposes. Still no update on this? It has been over a year since this thread was started...  =(

i will be waiting to see if the new 2011 version will be available across all platforms of Logos.  

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1339
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 6:04 PM

Bryan Smith:

Hi Bob,

Sorry, but the NIV is indeed one of the resources that we have not yet obtained permission to distributed to the iPhone. The list of resources available on the phone will likely be changing quite a bit in the near future as we work with publishers.

I don't understand something... why is it that numerous other web sites and iPhone/iPad apps are able to display the NIV (some of them free of charge), but for Logos it's been taking more than a year?

Especially now since Logos is Zondervan's electronic publishing platform, one would expect the two companies to have a relatively good working relationship?

Some of these other apps and web sites are from much smaller and much less known companies than Logos.

I really don't understand why it's taking Logos so long to get all their content on the web and app platforms.  The reason/excuse that they're not getting the publishers' agreement is really getting old...  A year plus is a looooong time!

Peter

Posts 28
Jason Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 11:10 PM

Ditto. Lack of NIV in Australia and on iPhone means that I cant really recommend this product to Anglican church goers since NIV is the core bible for ministers and students. 

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 2:38 AM

Peter Li:
 The reason/excuse that they're not getting the publishers' agreement is really getting old.

yeah, it may be getting frustrating, but it also sounds a little cynical.  i hardly imagine Logos is dragging their feet on this issue.  They'd publish it if they could.  Maybe it has to do with arrangements Z made with other purveyors of handheld software producers . . . idk.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 4 (73 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS