Page 5 of 9 (173 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 172 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2009 8:07 AM

i am glad to switch to the web forum and very happy it is tied in with my existing account so I don't have to have another pw and user name!Smile

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2009 11:34 AM

I have become a big fan of forums  while I use to love newsgroups.  But I am not sure I like this interface as much as vBulletin which is on of my favorites.  Why did you go with this interface?

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2009 11:51 AM

If I can jump in, Bob mentioned in another thread that they chose this system, in part, because they could integrate the forum login with the UID/login info already associated with each person's Libronix ID

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2009 1:18 PM

That's understandable. I can get used to it, but we all have our prefs.

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 2:07 AM

David Ladiges:
The 10 hour limit may change - I notice most of my typos in emails immediately after hitting send so a 10 minute edit window would be plenty for me!

David, if you are a Logos employee it would help if that fact was displayed (also for people I already know, because others may not!).

One hour would do for me as I made 6 edits of one post at roughly ten-minute intervals!!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 6:50 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I have become a big fan of forums  while I use to love newsgroups.  But I am not sure I like this interface as much as vBulletin which is on of my favorites.  Why did you go with this interface?

Looks like they are using Community Server, http://communityserver.com/

Posts 21
ArrowJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 7:45 AM

Finally, awesome!

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 9:26 AM

Dave Hooton:
David, if you are a Logos employee it would help if that fact was displayed (also for people I already know, because others may not!).

That would be a useful feature!  I'll add that to my list of things to check on.

Posts 1
Chris Cannatella | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 3:15 PM

I prefer the web forum.  Hope all is well with you Bob.  Say "Hi" to the family for me!

Chris Cannatella

Known in China As:

康安华     教授

Kang An Hua   Jiao Shou

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 12:14 PM

Clinton Tomhas said: The "recent topics" listing on the first page - is there a way to indicate which forum the post is from.

I too hate this.  Could you maybe put this off to the side or below?  Or give me an option to remove it altogether?

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 12:19 PM

Testing  something

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 12:21 PM

OK I see it.  In case someone else was trying to figure out how to get the quotation in the body of your post you have to hit the reply button above the post and not the quick reply below it.  Hitting the quick reply below will not give you the option to quote the previous post's text.

Posts 2
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2009 12:17 PM

Many thanks for making forums available. Forums are my preference.

And may a suggest a darker green for those links that are light green? Tough to make them out but could be my aging eyes.

Posts 200
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2009 8:55 AM

Prefer forums

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2009 9:51 PM

Kevin:
And may a suggest a darker green for those links that are light green? Tough to make them out but could be my aging eyes.

The bright background will also age one's eyes! Some options for colour choice would be great.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2009 9:50 AM

We have a code blue in Newsgroups.  No one has posted today!  Get the paddles -- clear!

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2009 11:00 AM

Please change your style sheet(s) such that visited links are a different color than unvisited links. In fact, it would be nice if you changed the link colors on hover as well (to help minimize finger errors).

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2009 2:04 PM

John McComb:

Please change your style sheet(s) such that visited links are a different color than unvisited links. In fact, it would be nice if you changed the link colors on hover as well (to help minimize finger errors).

Superb suggestion!

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2009 2:44 PM

JackCaviness:

Superb suggestion!

Thanks. Occasionally I get a little wood on the ball.

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2009 8:37 AM

John McComb:

I notice that you've done this with the main thread links in the forum categories. So either you responded to my request or it was like that before and I just didn't notice. If the former than thankyou for your prompt attention. If the later then no matter, it's not a demand but I'm glad it's done.

Anyway, could you now please do the same thing with the "Last Post" links? That way the user's browser keeps track and gives him/her a quick visual clue of which posts are new and which have already been read. I know you have an "Unread Post" function on your main page and I applaud that effort but I personally find it a little awkward and prefer just to browse the categories the way I've become used to in other forums. I'm sure there must be some others out there who feel the same way. Visual clues in the links themselves would be very helpful.

Page 5 of 9 (173 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS