Things you might not have notice

Page 2 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:41 PM

Once you've set up a visual filter (see the video on it) give it a name and then you can toggle it on and off using the "triple circle" at the top of the resource pane of the resource.

I've set up visual filters for each of the greek verb moods: Indicative, Imperative, etc. Using the visual filter domahicky I can select one, two, three, etc or none

Chris

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:45 PM

Collapsing a section in one of the guides means it won't open the next time you run that guide. So, if you want a guide to finish faster and there is a section you never use (topics is still a work in progress and not very useful yet, handouts are -- according to Thomas Black -- worthless) so collapse them and then they don't populate until you expand them.

Chris

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:46 PM

Chris Elford:
handouts are -- according to Thomas Black -- worthless

I didn't say it...

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:48 PM

Chris Elford:

Collapsing a section in one of the guides means it won't open the next time you run that guide. So, if you want a guide to finish faster and there is a section you never use (topics is still a work in progress and not very useful yet, handouts are -- according to Thomas Black -- worthless) so collapse them and then they don't populate until you expand them.

Chris

Another thing I did to speed things up was create a template called "blank Template" with nothing in it. then I can quickly start it up and add a section if it is only one section I am interested in.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:51 PM

Set up a guide called "My Passage Guide" or "My Exegetical Guide" or "My Bible Word Study" and these will be used instead of the predefined templates when run from places like the Go Bar on the home page. They will also always appear in the right-click context menu.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:39 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Chris Elford:
handouts are -- according to Thomas Black -- worthless

I didn't say it...

This time :)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:54 PM

I would prefer at this point to use gentler terms like, "broken".

Easy to fix though.  Never auto check and never auto fill anything.  Less work on the front end and less work for us to fix on the back end.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 118
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 3:06 AM

Thomas Black:

I would prefer at this point to use gentler terms like, "broken".

What? did our lion turn into a lamb?

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 1482
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 3:13 AM

This is a great list.  Thanks all!

Peter

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 3:54 AM

They've been working overtime tagging images and these are easily searchable in your library with the operator #image:

As you can see - over 2000 hits in but 3 seconds.... Click on the first one and it opens in place. Right click on the image and I can copy it, save it, print it, or send it straight to Powerpoint:

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 4:05 AM

Damian McGrath:
They've been working overtime tagging images and these are easily searchable in your library with the operator #image:

great one...I had forgotten.

Posts 1482
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 4:18 AM

Home Page:

- The scripture references on the Home Page are hyperlinks, and you can hover your mouse over to see the Bible passage.

- To make the Home Page go away and go back to your study windows, click the Home Page button again (both the Home Page button and the Library button are toggle buttons -- it wasn't obvious to me at first).

Peter

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 4:20 AM

PeterLi:

- To make the Home Page go away and go back to your study windows, click the Home Page button again (both the Home Page button and the Library button are toggle buttons -- it wasn't obvious to me at first).

Peter

Alt+H will also toggle the homepage.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 4:20 AM

PeterLi:
(both the Home Page button and the Library button are toggle buttons -- it wasn't obvious to me at first).

which reminds me that if you want the library to stay open, drag it to the desktop to create a tab. you can drag search to where you want it as well.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 4:23 AM

Philip Spitzer:

which reminds me that if you want the library to stay open, drag it to the desktop to create a tab. you can drag search to where you want it as well.

Or right click and select "Open in a New Tab"

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:39 AM

Kenneth Morris:

What? did our lion turn into a lamb?

No, just waiting for the dust to settle.  That way when I kick up a dust cloud they're sure to see it.  Wink

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 818
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:45 AM

Search History is available through a drop down to the right of the search box - easy to miss.

History items are helpfully listed chronologically.

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 7:24 AM

IN BIBLICAL PLACES: If you want to determine the distance between two points, simply hold down the CTRL key while dragging between two locations. Cool!

Posts 818
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 7:46 AM

The Version River tool is interesting for comparing translations, but I think it has a more sutble, powerful application.

If you want a quick way to discover the verses in a passage which merit deeper translational work (because they are most different between translations), the graph can help you quickly identify them.

Also, when you mouseover the graph, you will get a Text Comparison popup (a la F7) to quickly check differences.

Posts 818
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 7:52 AM

Mitch Davis:

IN BIBLICAL PLACES: If you want to determine the distance between two points, simply hold down the CTRL key while dragging between two locations. Cool!

That's cool!

Another coolness in Biblical Places is that the Find (Ctrl+F) function will locate places ...

Page 2 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS