This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 80
garry Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 2:21 AM

Thank You i will purchase and try it out now

Bro Garry

Christadelphian

Posts 171
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:36 AM

Can someone who is using Sermon File add-in in L3 with L4 share their workflow on how to properly do this?  Also, once they are imported into L4 are they synced across devices or just available locally?  Do they show up in search results, or do they only show up if you open them from your library?

Trying to decide if it is worth installing L3 back on my machine to build my sermon files, or if I should just keep accumulating them and wait until (a) Jesus' return or (b) the release of the sermon file addin for L4.

Posts 8598
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:59 AM

John,

Like you I'm no longer using L3 so this workflow is only guesswork and fills in the basics.

• Open L3, and create a blank Sermon File
  • Paste in the text of your sermon from your word processor and do any last minute edits.

ALT

• Create your sermon in Openoffice and use my OOo to sfl filter to save a sermon file in ready to compile format.
  • Open L3 and, locate the sermon file.

1. In both instances  edit the meta data at the top.
  2. Click the Compile button to compile your sermon file source into the sermon book.
  3. close L3 (if you're done).
  4. Load L4
  5. Type (without quotes)  "Scan c:\path\to\sermonfile\lbxoeb"  Logos will then scan and import your sermon file. 
  6. A restart will probably be necessary to initialize indexing the new/updated sermon file.
  7. Locate the sermon file in your library or passage guides, or whatever.... 

Hope this helps.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 4
John R. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 8:28 AM

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!  I just bought Logos 4 AND the Sermon File Addin thinking I could hit the ground running.  This is my first Bible software.  Why would they even sell it to me if I can't use it?!?  

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 8:37 AM

John, WELCOME!

You can call the customer service and they will be glad to give you a refund. This situation is just a quirk.  They took other addons that were not compatible with Logos 4 off the market, I guess they overlooked Sermon Addon.  At the same time, it is a working and valuable tool for Logos v.3 (many people still have L3). So maybe their thought was to leave it for people with Logos v.3.

Posts 9638
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 10:20 AM

John T. Reed II:
 Why would they even sell it to me if I can't use it?

Well, actually they say on its product page ( http://www.logos.com/product/3161/sermon-file-addin ) in a nicely coloured box in bold writing:

NOTE: This addin is currently available only for Libronix 3.0 on the Windows platform. More information on coming Logos 4 features can be found here.

If you decide you want to rather use it than trying to give it back, you may download Libronix (= Logos version 3) at no charges and use the Sermon file addin along (nearly) all of the resources you have in Logos 4.

Mick

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 634
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 11:37 AM

If you use Microsoft Word in Libronix (Version 3):

File > Import Sermons > Select the folder > Select the file(s) > Import > Last Minute Edits > Tag topics, scriptures refererences, Dates preached, etc > Compile > Follow Thomas' Scan command below.

Thomas Black:

John,

Like you I'm no longer using L3 so this workflow is only guesswork and fills in the basics.

• Open L3, and create a blank Sermon File
  • Paste in the text of your sermon from your word processor and do any last minute edits.

ALT

• Create your sermon in Openoffice and use my OOo to sfl filter to save a sermon file in ready to compile format.
  • Open L3 and, locate the sermon file.

1. In both instances  edit the meta data at the top.
  2. Click the Compile button to compile your sermon file source into the sermon book.
  3. close L3 (if you're done).
  4. Load L4
  5. Type (without quotes)  "Scan c:\path\to\sermonfile\lbxoeb"  Logos will then scan and import your sermon file. 
  6. A restart will probably be necessary to initialize indexing the new/updated sermon file.
  7. Locate the sermon file in your library or passage guides, or whatever.... 

Hope this helps.

Posts 1753
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2011 11:47 AM

John T. Reed II:

I just bought Logos 4 AND the Sermon File Addin  

Contact Customer Service, they will give a refund or if you do it fast enough they will reverse the charges on your credit card Big Smile

Logos 800 875 6467

As to my they sold you the Sermon File Add in for a Logos3 product is any ones guess. Hmm

The point is they will refund your money quicky with out questions.Yes

The slow route is using Email, could take a few daysCrying  customerservice@logos.com

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2011 12:39 AM

Second Quarter 2011

• Video resources
  • Personal Book Builder (Improved to use the native book format!)
  • Sermon File (To be re-designed; partially replaced by the forthcoming Personal Book Builder, supplemented by a to-be-released web site)

Well we are in the second quarter now, so hopefully it won't be too long! I can't wait to have this feature back into my system and on Logos 4. I used it every week and still miss it!

Posts 2
Rocky Lindley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 2:10 PM

Second quarter is about to end...any hope?

Posts 2
Rocky Lindley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 1 2011 2:41 PM

Guess not

Posts 821
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 3:46 PM

Second quarter has ended.  Any news yet?  I have a growing pile of material waiting to be compiled, it's going to take a lot of work when it eventually does arrive!

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 5558
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 3:52 PM

Greg Whittick:

Second quarter has ended.  Any news yet?  I have a growing pile of material waiting to be compiled, it's going to take a lot of work when it eventually does arrive!

If the Sermon File Addin (SFA) is dependent on the Personal Book Builder (PBB)--and I think this is a reasonable assumption--it looks like there is a ways to go yet. PBB is available in beta (with some limitations), there have been some unexpected issues and we just found a new bug today (related to syncing personal books). I expect that PBB's will be much more complex than SFA, but they still have to work.

But that's based on an assumption that I'm making that Logos has not stated anywhere to my knowledge.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS