Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 31326
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 2 2009 9:20 PM

I'm missing something on the intended use of notes. I'm only getting notes attached to a single reference in a single translation. [Yes, there is an expansion as to what I can place notes on.] But I think I'm missing the intended use of the notes, clippings, space on passage study etc. Where does Logos envision my putting the note listing the ten (toldot) verses that delineate Genesis?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:14 AM

Note files are NOT version/book specific but search brings them together in "My Content" section

I would imagine in your own notefile click  and the add the toldot info into the blank note, as I say search is powerful in v4

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 31326
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:44 AM

DominicM:
add the toldot info into the blank note, as I say search is powerful in v4

What I am looking for is not a search that will find them but the notation square and highlighting on each occurence. The highlighting on my test file highlights the NRSV where I created the note but not the NJB for the same passage - early Genesis.

But I do see that there are two blank dropdown menus near the top of the note entries.  They may be the missing bit of information for controling the linkage of the note - single text or all texts.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:50 AM

yes I see what you say, yes the individual note is linked to one version, I dont think theres currently a way to attatch to ALL versions

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 31326
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 1:56 AM

Aargh ... in Logos 3 I could attach it either to the specific translation or to the citation as a whole. I really hope that the notes are better not worse ... there is so much in Logos 4 to like, I'll try to believe there is some way to make notes truly useful to me.

Posts 1717
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 12:24 PM

When you right click, select "Reference" instead of selection. Then "Add a Note" will add it to the Bible reference, generic across translations, rather than to the selected word.

Posts 32
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:12 AM

Thanks for that answer.  I was finding the same problem where my notes were only attaching to the one Bible or reference I had open.  Is there a way of changing the default or do I have to remember to switch to reference each time.  I am so used to notes in Logos3 that I know I will forget sometimes.  My whole reason for putting notes in Logos is to have them availalbe across books.

Ken

Ken

Posts 9431
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 23 2011 8:25 AM

Ken Critchley:
Is there a way of changing the default or do I have to remember to switch to reference each time. 

You'll have to remember.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9
Stephen Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 10:34 AM

Follow on Notes question.

I get the structure of Note Category and x number of Notes created in that Category...  But can I move a note from one Category to another or will have I to create and new note and copy/paste.

Example: I had created a bunch of Notes under the Category of "Philippians".  I have now created a number of Word Study Notes which I would like to place under a "Word Study" Category.

Posts 31326
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 3:07 PM

Stephen Adams:
Notes created in that Category.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "category". Individual notes are gathered together into note files (documents) which I think may be what you mean by category. If that is what you mean, they may easily be moved by drag and drop.

Posts 1
John Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:05 AM

i have logos 5 and this does not seem to be working across all translations. it that a bug?

Posts 24253
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:14 AM

Hi John - and welcome to the forums

John Collins:

i have logos 5 and this does not seem to be working across all translations. it that a bug?

Please note you are responding to an old thread and lots has changed since then.

However, I think you mean that you are creating a note and only seeing the icon associated with it appear in the translation in which you created it. Is that correct?

If so, I think you are creating it "by selection" as opposed to "by reference" (this is discussed above).

Notes created by reference are visible in all resources with Bible indices but those created by selection are only visible in the resource in which they are created.

Replicating notes created by selection has been selected and may appear in the future but it's not there yet.

Does this explain what you are seeing?

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS