Passage Guide | Interesting Words section, Print TOO SMALL

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 129
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 14 2011 12:19 PM

I need to make the smaller words larger in the 'Interesting Words' so I can read them. I can read the Large type words, but the only way I can read the smaller ones is to copy and paste it to another program where I can enlarge it. It would even be nice if their was a balloon that would reveal what the word is in larger type when you pass over it with a mouse.

I used to be able to read them, but it seems with every upgrade they get smaller. I am suppose to have 20/5 vision, but it doesn't help. On all my other programs I have no problem reading small print, though I prefer larger type.

Any cures besides running Windows magnifier?

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2011 12:54 PM

You can try adjusting the contrast - there is a test pattern in the wiki - and try to adjust fonts until to you what is most readable to you. There is a inherent fuzziness that is intended to make reading easier in the long run.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2011 7:47 PM

You can adjust the Program Scaling which will make everything in Logos bigger:

Or you could open the PG in a floating window and maximize it to give it more screen real estate to lay out the Interesting Words "wordle".

Or you could press F11 to get into reading mode which is an even more maximized view of the current tab.

Posts 129
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2011 9:46 AM

I floated it, changed the Accessiblity and it did not change. I tried to paste a copy of it but for what ever reason it did not paste. The WiKi I was not for sure what that meant.

Thanks for the help.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 12:22 PM

I am able to replicate the issue and will submit a bug report to the developers.

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 5:26 PM

George T.:
The WiKi I was not for sure what that meant.

Hi, George. The wiki is a hyperlinked collection of user-generated documentation for Logos, to supplement the Help system that comes with the software.

You can find it here: http://wiki.logos.com/

I don't know what Martha (MJ Smith) was referring to about the "test pattern" in the wiki. Perhaps she could provide a link to that page.

Posts 26512
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 6:27 PM

http://wiki.logos.com/Adjusting_your_Monitor

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 167
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 7:24 AM

Not a monitor or program setting issue. I to have the issues I have the scholars edition. All other windows on Passage guide window is normal text verse I did was john 3:16

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 8:01 AM

Rosie Perera:

You can adjust the Program Scaling which will make everything in Logos bigger:

Or you could open the PG in a floating window and maximize it to give it more screen real estate to lay out the Interesting Words "wordle".

Or you could press F11 to get into reading mode which is an even more maximized view of the current tab.

That has solved my problem at least - I couldn't read the Syriac lemmas when I hovered over the words as the script was too small. I increased the scaling and then decreased the font size, and it looks very good.

Posts 129
George T. Kelley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 9:39 AM

Dean053 suggestions surprisingly worked, when I first posted this none of these would work. Probably floating the PG is the better solution.

GeorgeT

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2011 12:02 AM

As pointed out, making the pane wider will help. But at some level, the words are intended to be small. This is a ranked list -- the "most interesting" words are larger, and less interesting less so. We use the little words to fill in the space mostly for aesthetic reasons; if you can see the top 20% or so -- the large type words -- you are (in theory) getting the intended value out of the feature....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS