Tim Keller's work

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 19
Paul Immanuel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 14 2011 12:31 PM

I have gained a lot from the books by Tim Keller: The Prodigal God, Reason for God and Generous Justice.  I recommend that Logos consider having them in the Logos format.  They are already available in Kindle. 

Thanks.

Paul

Posts 2676
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2011 12:34 PM

Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 12:45 PM

Yes, Please.

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 1:12 PM

Hear, hear.

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 1:52 PM

Yes

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 2:31 PM

Paul Immanuel:

I have gained a lot from the books by Tim Keller: The Prodigal God, Reason for God and Generous Justice.  I recommend that Logos consider having them in the Logos format.  They are already available in Kindle. 

Thanks.

Paul

I just bought the paper versions of 2 of his books, but I would be very happy to have them also in Logos. Great suggestion. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 62
Rev. Wayne Paul Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 7:15 AM

While his books are great, if we could get a sermon collection from him, that would be even better.

Posts 23
Conquer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2011 5:37 PM

Agree - books would be great

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 11:45 AM

Yes!

+1

Now that they have their own publishing house (in Redeemer church), AFAIK, maybe they will be eager to publish in Logos, too.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 821
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 11:46 AM

YesYes

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 11:55 AM

Paul Immanuel:

Thanks.

Paul

Yes Absolutely, but don't forget Counterfeit Gods and King's Cross Wink.

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 1:06 PM

Rev. Wayne Paul Barrett:

While his books are great, if we could get a sermon collection from him, that would be even better.

Tim Keller sermon's would be FANTASTIC!  Yes

Posts 274
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 8:28 PM

Yes Yes - Counterfeit Gods and the rest

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 8:38 PM

It would be amazing to get even a partial collection of his sermons!

Posts 1607
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2011 8:41 PM

Yes Agreed: just yesterday I was just here for Keller.

Posts 23
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 5:48 PM

I would buy Tim Keller books and sermons.  I would especially love the sermon collection.

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2011 9:08 PM

Some of his stuff is already in Vyrso.

Posts 1
DJ Chuang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2012 10:06 AM

Thanks to this message thread and the accompanying prayers, the Tim Keller Sermon Archive will be releasing soon!! http://www.logos.com/product/17902/timothy-keller-sermon-archive

Posts 80
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2012 4:41 PM

I love his sermons.  The progress of pre-pub seems slow by the progress bar on the website.  DJ: Do you have insider info that it is coming out of pre-pub?  

Posts 20
Andrew Mackie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 17 2012 11:21 PM

Is it just me, or is anyone else disappointed / annoyed / frustrated / angered by the $200 price tag of Tim Keller's sermons?

On Tim Keller's side of the equation, these sermons are his digital exhaust. He was paid by the church to prepare the sermons and he gave them. Why would he expect to be paid for them again?

On Logos' side of the equation, yes, there's a lot of work in preparing 1,223 sermons. But that's no reason for Logos to charge $200 in perpetuity as the sole vendor of Tim Keller's sermons.

This is too valuable a resource to make it unaffordable to people. If Logos is the sole custodian of Tim Keller's sermons, it should act like one and make them as widely available as possible. Instead this feels to me like profiteering.

No doubt Logos would counter that they're in business and there are costs they need to recover (and a profit that they're entitled to). No problem - we'll crowdsource it. Send ten sermons my way and I'll do the work for free using my personal book tool. And I'm sure we can find 122 others who will do the same. Anyone?

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS