The Art and Craft of Biblical Preaching

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
David Siauw | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 15 2011 8:08 AM

Hi,

I am considering to get this, but I realize the hardcopy has a mp3 CD. Does anyone have the LOGOS version? Does it come with the audio files? If you have a hardcopy, is the mp3 CD worth getting the hardcopy instead?

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

David

Posts 135
Gene Britton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2011 10:03 AM

I have the book and have enjoyed reading it but have never used the CD.  There are some good articles and I have used it as a dally reading type program with a different article each day.  I actually had forgot about the CD.  I will have to dig it out and see if it is of value.  

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2011 4:56 PM

David Siauw:

Does anyone have the LOGOS version? Does it come with the audio files?  

http://www.logos.com/product/5429/the-art-and-craft-of-biblical-preaching

I purchased this when it first came out in Logos with the Pradis discount. The resource link above doesn't say anything about it having audio files, and I do not have any within Logos. Not sure audio files are even available to use within Logos or Libronix at all.

Posts 28686
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2011 5:01 PM

The Art and Craft of Biblical Preaching is a great book. I used it this past semester as a textbook. I ended up buying the Logos version so that I could keep a copy in my library. 

The Logos version does NOT have the CD material. Unfortunatly I can not be of any help as to its value. I assume it is just snippets of some of the preachers sermons.

For what its worth - some of the articles in the Art and Craft are also found in:

Shelley, Marshall. Changing Lives Through Preaching and Worship : 30 Strategies for Powerful Communication. 1st ed. Library of Christian leadership. Nashville, Tenn.: Moorings, 1995.

Justin

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
David Siauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2011 5:22 PM

Thanks, all. It seems most of you don't really use or even check out the CD. I presume like Justin said it's just the snippets or examples of some sermons. I think I will go ahead to get the LOGOS version. Tons of thanks, Gene/Praiser/Justin.

David

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2011 6:09 AM

Gene Britton:

I have the book and have enjoyed reading it but have never used the CD.  There are some good articles and I have used it as a dally reading type program with a different article each day.  I actually had forgot about the CD.  I will have to dig it out and see if it is of value.  

This is where better control over the Logos main screen would be useful. It would be nice to tell Logos "Show me a random article from this book" on each load/refresh.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 226
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:15 AM

One great disappointment I have with this book, and other in logos is when creating a daily reading plan it doesn't allow me to specify one chapter per day.  It simply divides up by page numbers.

This makes absolutely no sense to me.  Logos, can you add index information in this book for the chapters?  Why are you breaking books like this via page number for reading plans?

Thanks again for the great resource!

Dr. Kurt Trucksess www.christ2Rculture.com
Posts 28686
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 7 2012 10:11 AM

Kurt Trucksess:
This makes absolutely no sense to me.  Logos, can you add index information in this book for the chapters?  Why are you breaking books like this via page number for reading plans?

That is generally how all LOGOS resources are broken down in a reading plan. Vyrso books have a benefit in not being better tagged when it comes to reading plans… you can often do chapter by chapter.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS