Greek Audio Bible with Logos 4?

Page 3 of 4 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 62 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 98
Henry Finkle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:02 AM

Thanks Melissa.

I tried what you suggested but still nothing. I deleted the file, did "update resources"  and my hd went busy for a while.  After it was done nothing happened for a few minutes and then I got a popup about downloading updates. I clicked on it and then it downloaded something and said updates ready to be installed and had to restart or something like that. After restarting I tried the NA27 again but still no sound. The audio player in the corner comes up though.

I checked the folder again and saw the lbxaud file in there again with a size of about 5mb.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 9:54 AM

Henry Finkle:

Thanks Melissa.

I tried what you suggested but still nothing. I deleted the file, did "update resources"  and my hd went busy for a while.  After it was done nothing happened for a few minutes and then I got a popup about downloading updates. I clicked on it and then it downloaded something and said updates ready to be installed and had to restart or something like that. After restarting I tried the NA27 again but still no sound. The audio player in the corner comes up though.

I checked the folder again and saw the lbxaud file in there again with a size of about 5mb.

Please contact Customer Support, if possible, at 800-875-6467, so a tech can help you get the correct file on your system. If you are unable to call Support due to conflicting hours, or it would be an international call, and don't mind providing your email address here, I will ask someone in support to contact you.

Melissa

Posts 98
Henry Finkle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 10:31 AM

Thanks Melissa . I'll send a mail to them later. I think you posted the tech support mail here somewhere.

Posts 8610
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 6:38 AM

Henry Finkle:

Thanks Melissa . I'll send a mail to them later. I think you posted the tech support mail here somewhere.

cs@logos.com

support@logos.com

But the phone will be faster.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:58 AM

I have a question after reading this, I have the Greek Audio Bible, and it works fine on both L3 and L4.  But I see the file  ELNT.lbxaud in my L4 resources folder, but not in L3!  Is that correct, how is it working?  I did a search of my whole computer for that file and it only found the one occurrence in L4 Resources.

Thanks!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:20 AM

Dominick Sela:

I have a question after reading this, I have the Greek Audio Bible, and it works fine on both L3 and L4.  But I see the file  ELNT.lbxaud in my L4 resources folder, but not in L3!  Is that correct, how is it working?  I did a search of my whole computer for that file and it only found the one occurrence in L4 Resources.

The Logos 4 function and file is different than Logos 3.  If the ELNT.lbxaud file is present, you should be able to open the NA27, for example, and press Ctrl+R to begin Read Aloud. However, instead of the default Read Aloud voice (Microsoft), the voice will be John Schwandt's, and there will be a visual cue on each word as the text is read.

Melissa

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:25 AM

Melissa Snyder:
there will be a visual cue on each word as the text is read.

I can hear John Schwandt's voice OK, but I do not see a visual cue on each word. Are you sure this it working in L4 or is it just something L3 has?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 10:36 AM

P. Keith Larson:

Melissa Snyder:

I can hear John Schwandt's voice OK, but I do not see a visual cue on each word. Are you sure this it working in L4 or is it just something L3 has?

What version of Windows is on your computer?

Melissa

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 10:38 AM

P. Keith Larson:

Melissa Snyder:

I also hear Scwandt's voice on L4 in NA27, but the visual cue I see in L3 is not there.  I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks!

Posts 48
Caleb Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:13 AM

Hi Melissa,

I have the same problem (no visual cue). I reported this problem a few weeks ago. None the current updates fix the problem.

Thanks.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:32 PM

Windows 7 64bit

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 1:41 PM

P. Keith Larson:

Windows 7 64bit

Thank you. It seems to be a problem related to Windows 7, as the visual cues work fine for some customers, and they work fine on my Vista virtual machine. Development is aware of this.

Melissa

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:24 PM

Thanks for looking into this.

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:38 PM

Kenneth Morris:

Mine works fine.

There is still some functionality missing in L4, specifically the ability to control the speed at which it reads. L3's function is immediate and better organized in my opinion. See below:

I'm hopeful that this function will be incorporated when Libronix finally fixes this option.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:23 PM

James Thompson:
There is still some functionality missing in L4, specifically the ability to control the speed at which it reads. L3's function is immediate and better organized in my opinion.

I'm hopeful that this function will be incorporated when Libronix finally fixes this option.

This request has been submitted.

Melissa

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:30 PM

Melissa Snyder:

This request has been submitted.

Melissa

Thanks!

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 24 2010 4:55 PM

I've just discovered a strange sound issue on my Vista64 /L4 SR-3 Dell computer; I can play the greek audio bible perfectly, and can listen to all kinds of other media/sounds perfectly...but if I tell Logos to read book text, I get a _very_ muffled sound out of my speakers/subwoofer...but if I plug headphones in, I get the female voice just like it used to be from my speakers.

I'd imagine that it is a problem with my RealTek HD Audio Manager, but fixing this problem seems elusive thus far...figured I'd shoot a post here in case someone else had/fixed a similar problem.

Posts 6
Mark Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 4:21 PM

Greetings, thank you for your very helpful posts. Q: is there any way to recover the speed and pointer functions from v3 in v4 (I'd like to slow the voice down a bit so that it doesn't wear me out). Thanks. 

Posts 6
Mark Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 4:28 PM

Oh well, I didn't notice that there were more posts beyond page 1, so excuse this repeated question. I am glad to see that it is being considered / worked on.

Posts 43
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 8:12 PM

I've got good news.  I too had a problem with L4 reading the Greek Text.  It would read english books, but not the greek.  I tried everything working with Tech Service.  This included reloading the greek resources.  Nothing worked, until my Logos Angel had me send her a report from the program.  Here is the problem.  If you're running Windows XP you must make sure that your Windows Media Player is 10 or above.  Mine wasn't.  As soon as I installed the latest version of Windows Media Player (thank you my Angel) all my reading problems disappeared.  I hope this helps, it did for me and I'm a happy camper.

Page 3 of 4 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS