Custom lectionaries ok?

Page 4 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 70 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 11:51 PM

William Bingham:

Rosie Perera:
It was I who suggested he bump this thread

I am sorry Rosie, I did not mean to step on anyones toes.  I have just never seen a request to bump the old thread (not to say its not been there).  I have, however seen the request to start a new thread.  I am likely not nearly as efficient or as practiced as the advanced users of this forum to know any difference.  So I will most definately Shut my Mouth Zip it! and allow the professionals here to work.  Again sorry for my barging in.  Embarrassed

No worries at all; you didn't step on any toes. I wasn't chiding you, just explaining why he'd posted so that you'd know it was OK. You're right. Usually it is better to start a new thread. This was a special case, because he'd asked me what was up on this Catholic Lectionary, and I didn't know but remembered MJ had been talking about it so I found this thread for him and figured it would be best to rouse these sleepers by posting onto their thread.

You go ahead and keep being helpful, Wiliam. We all appreciate the help you give! I didn't mean to squash your enthusiasm.

Posts 20
Stephen Egge | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:09 AM

MJ. Smith:

No, the project is not dead. However, the world has a grudge against me.

So sorry for your losses ... I am glad that your efforts have persisted.

I didn't see the Lectionary for Mass for Use in the Dioceses of the United States of America, second typical edition © 2001 in your listing. This is the Lectionary I am hoping for. Any chance it is in the works after the above?  I would be glad to help but need to understand the format. I do have excel.

Thanks for responding and your work.

Steve Egge

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:24 PM

Steve, you will have seen the email reply from Louis St. Hilaire by now, but for the benefit of others who may be reading this thread, his response on this was:

"The issue with the daily lectionary is one of rights. Logos isn’t going to proceed without explicit permission from the USCCB. We’ve requested it—and I can’t see any reason we won’t eventually get it—but these things just seem to take a while to work out."

That doesn't mean you can't be working on a spreadsheet of it in the meantime, but do check with Damian McGrath so as not to duplicate effort, as I think he's got one in the works (or completed) already. You can post a comment on his profile page and that should end up in his email inbox.

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:37 PM

It's in Excel format minus the Common Masses taken from Daily Roman Missal ISBN 1-58459-194-3. I used this source because it also contains the references for the antiphons which have been included in the Excel. The input for this one is quite clean - one typo every 10-15 days. Although it's the one I will set on my home page, I deliberately decided to first get a few lectionaries out for denominations that had nothing or that illustrated that lectionaries are not limited to liturgical churches.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 20
Stephen Egge | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 5:29 AM

Thanks for the info ... Sounds like the project is on its way. Hopefully the USCCB will grant permission soon.

Thanks for your work M.J. and I will contact Damian ...

Steve

Posts 32
Don D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:32 AM

MJ. Smith:
I have started delivering spread sheets to Logos and expect the next batch to be sent this week.

Sorry to hear that you have had a challenging time.  Know that God will give you peace and strength to continue on (and not just with getting these lectionaries done Stick out tongue). 

I am pleased to hear that this (these) projects are moving forward.

Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 (x64)

Acer Aspire 5738G laptop

4G RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

ATI Mobility Raedeon HD 4570

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:48 AM

Stephen Egge:
I will contact Damian

Damian had created the lectionaries for L3 which I used as a base for the files for L4. I can send you the L3 lectionaries or the current spreadsheet if you would find them useful.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:53 AM

Rosie Perera:
That doesn't mean you can't be working on a spreadsheet of it in the meantime,

The spread sheet is complete for the liturgical calendar and the sanctoral cycle - complete with the four antiphons. The only information to be added is the common Masses. The proof reading is what is not done. What could be very useful is that the spread sheet is  strictly US - if others would like to provide the regional modifications or modifications for particular orders that would be a very nice touch.

Posts 20
Stephen Egge | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:53 AM

MJ. Smith:

I can send you the L3 lectionaries or the current spreadsheet if you would find them useful.

If it would be helpful to have another pair of eyes on the sreadsheet ... would like to help.

" my name with no spaces betwen the first and last name " at comcast dot net

Blessings

Steve Egge

Posts 20
Stephen Egge | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:54 AM

it is the shorter name ... Steve

Posts 26262
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 12:01 PM

Stephen Egge:
If it would be helpful to have another pair of eyes on the spreadsheet

It would be - I'll get it out to you today or tomorrow. Thank you.

Also, to the person who volunteered for the Lutherans, it should be on its way by tomorrow as well.

And to the person who volunteered for Judaism, you've not been forgotten.

Thanks for everyone.

Page 4 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS