Homepage sections ticked but do not appear

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 18 2011 5:42 PM

Greetings! Smile

I have a small but annoying problem in that, although all of the homepage sections are ticked on the selector, I am not seeing some of them. Specifically: Excerpts, Logos Blog, Logos News, Logos Pre-pubs, Community Pricing, My Logos Messages. I used to have a nervous habit of flipping through them. Now I cannot indulge my habit, and it is starting to depress me. Does anybody know what might be wrong (with the homepage)?

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 8:11 PM

It sounds as if you're in off-line mode, but I assume you've checked that? And your internet connection must work, or you couldn't have posted. Sorry, that's all the ideas I can come up with at this time of the night.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 9:16 PM

Indeed, I have checked the status of the connection and online status. I also checked the Program Settings, and everything seems to be set to update/connect automatically. That is what is so strange about its behaviour. The scripture section and devotional sections are updated daily at 12:00. No problem there. In the past I kept thinking it might have been a bug, so I waited for updates to fix it. But apparently I am the only one having this problem, correct?

Posts 25813
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 10:32 PM

Kendall Sholtess:
But apparently I am the only one having this problem, correct?

Let's see if some logs will assist. Start L4 normally, go to Home Page and press F5 key to Refresh. Then upload logos4.log.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2011 1:01 AM

If refreshing does not work, you may also try cleaning out your internet cache. If using Internet Explorer use Tools>Internet Options>Delete I usually check everything and delete it. After completing that process, restart L4 and once the Homepage loads refresh it with the F5 key

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2011 2:39 AM

1004.Logos4.zip

I'm really hoping there is something here to tell what is happening. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2011 3:14 AM

It could be the Home Page cache within Logos 4 is corrupted. Try holding down shift + F5. This will reset your homepage cache.

Posts 25813
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2011 7:47 AM

Kendall Sholtess:
I'm really hoping there is something here to tell what is happening. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dom's advice might fix it.

Dominick Sela:
Try holding down shift + F5. This will reset your homepage cache.

There is an error associated with LLS:29.2.5|Version=2007-06-13T23:46:49Z;  which is Old Testament Survey Series: Wisdom Literature and Psalms. However the latest version is 2009-10-28T19:36:28Z. What is your version  from Resource Information?  This is related to getting Excerpts.

However you are also having connection problems getting feeds for Logos Blog, Community Pricing, and Logos Prepubs which were OK for me. This maybe your end but try this:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/LogosPrepubs

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 7:05 AM

I have to thank you all. I really appreciate it. I did the Shift+F5 and it worked like a charm. I am getting all the sections lined up really well. Thanks a lot and God Bless mightily!Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS