Page 1 of 5 (95 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 94 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 20 2011 4:46 PM | Locked

Dear whoever is leading the way with PBB,

Could we please get some kind of regular update where PBB is heading and when it might start arriving in Beta's? This is the number one reason I still use Libronix to access my John Gill works and other books that are only available through PBB.

Gill is languishing in Community Pricing and I have no hope for seeing it in Logos 4 except through PBB, even though there is probably no one as versed in Rabbinic literature like and no one else who has written a commentary on the Entire Bible that is still used regularly by many people of different denominations.

We have waited patiently and will continue to wait, but it sure would be nice to hear about it on a regular basis especially since it is due again... this quarter.

Thanks.

Posts 644
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 7:02 PM | Locked

Bob gave some great insight on not only PBB but also a lot more, here's the link:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/33263.aspx

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 7:09 PM | Locked

Thanks! It's so hard to figure out which thread the latest news you want to know about can be found. It would be great if there was a Bob e-mail list or something. If there already is please let me know how to sign up!

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 7:31 PM | Locked

No such email list, unless you count Logos Newswire.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3663
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 11:11 PM | Locked

There is this entry in the Wiki - though I don't know how well it is maintained:

http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Speaks

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 11:24 PM | Locked

Michael Lyman:

Thanks! It's so hard to figure out which thread the latest news you want to know about can be found. It would be great if there was a Bob e-mail list or something. If there already is please let me know how to sign up!

You can do a Google search for "Bob Pritchett Posted" site:community.logos.com

Posts 59
Todd White | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2011 12:18 AM | Locked

Michael Lyman:
It would be great if there was a Bob e-mail list or something.

Each person has a 'My Activity' section on their page. Bob's page is http://community.logos.com/members/2130/default.aspx.

Also, you will find a link to an RSS feed next to 'My Activity' (http://community.logos.com/members/2130/activities/rss.aspx). Websites like Google Reader help you keep track of what is new in any RSS feeds you are watching.

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2011 12:27 AM | Locked

Todd White:
Also, you will find a link to an RSS feed next to 'My Activity' (http://community.logos.com/members/2130/activities/rss.aspx). Websites like Google Reader help you keep track of what is new in any RSS feeds you are watching.

Cool! Thanks!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2011 3:40 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
You can do a Google search for "Bob Pritchett Posted" site:community.logos.com

It may be easier to just check out the list of his forum posts here.

Posts 31
J. Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 5:42 AM | Locked

I, too, read Bob's statement, but it doesn't give much info other than "it isn't ready yet."  I upgraded to Logos 4 because the "coming soon" features included PBB.  The release date of which has been changed at least twice, and now it appears it may not be ready by the end of this quarter.  It's good to know that it hasn't been abandoned, but I'm a bit disappointed that every promised "coming the quarter of..." has come and gone. The forthcoming PBB was the major selling point for me to upgrade to 4.0.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice...

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 5:49 AM | Locked

J. Wright:

I, too, read Bob's statement, but it doesn't give much info other than "it isn't ready yet."  I upgraded to Logos 4 because the "coming soon" features included PBB.  The release date of which has been changed at least twice, and now it appears it may not be ready by the end of this quarter.  It's good to know that it hasn't been abandoned, but I'm a bit disappointed that every promised "coming the quarter of..." has come and gone. The forthcoming PBB was the major selling point for me to upgrade to 4.0.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice...

I'm learning to just ignore all Logos projection dates. I think there are more delays than fulfilled promises/estimates.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 31
J. Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 7:48 AM | Locked

Not to sound overly harsh, but I'm learning to do the same.  And learning I may want to start looking into other options that will suit my study needs.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 8:31 AM | Locked

Rev Chris:
I'm learning to just ignore all Logos projection dates. I think there are more delays than fulfilled promises/estimates.

Personally, I have never seen Logos even come close to any projection date they have published.  When any of my prepubs is first given a date, I have always added two months to this date, and Logos has never came in on time with I include my two additional months.

NOTE: I do not track prepubs that I am not buying.  Therefore, other prepubs could have made their projected date.

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 8:40 AM | Locked

tom collinge:

Rev Chris:

Personally, I have never seen Logos even come close to any projection date they have published.  When any of my prepubs is first given a date, I have always added two months to this date, and Logos has never came in on time with I include my two additional months.

NOTE: I do not track prepubs that I am not buying.  Therefore, other prepubs could have made their projected date.

I think I've seen some single-book releases get published on-time, but it seems that multi-volume works never do.

Pastor, seminary trustee, and app developer.  Check out my latest app for churches: The Church App

Posts 31
J. Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 9:12 AM | Locked

Honestly, the delayed pre-pubs don't bother me as much (I don't purchase many pre-pubs as the Silver library has a lot of resources I use regularly).  But a promised feature to be included in the software - which is used as a selling point of why one should upgrade - that frustrates me.  I upgraded because PBB was promised to be included within a few months.  I spent money on something that I still can't use as advertised.  We're now over 12 months past that original deadline/promise.  Never in my life have I had a business tell me if I purchased something and they would throw in such-and-such features/extras have I waited well over a year to actually receive it.  And there's still no official word on when it may be available.  As stated in the Princess Bride, it's truly "inconceivable".

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 11:17 AM | Locked

J. Wright:

Honestly, the delayed pre-pubs don't bother me as much (I don't purchase many pre-pubs as the Silver library has a lot of resources I use regularly).  But a promised feature to be included in the software - which is used as a selling point of why one should upgrade - that frustrates me.  I upgraded because PBB was promised to be included within a few months.  I spent money on something that I still can't use as advertised.  We're now over 12 months past that original deadline/promise.  Never in my life have I had a business tell me if I purchased something and they would throw in such-and-such features/extras have I waited well over a year to actually receive it.  And there's still no official word on when it may be available.  As stated in the Princess Bride, it's truly "inconceivable".

Missing production dates is simply bad customer service. 

We are now basically 2/3 of the way through the second quarter.  There is no way Logos can now get PBB into their production environment by the 2nd quarter of 2011 as they state on their website (unless they skip the entire beta cycle).

Posts 26533
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 11:17 AM | Locked

J. Wright:
But a promised feature to be included in the software - which is used as a selling point of why one should upgrade - that frustrates me.  I upgraded because PBB was promised to be included within a few months.  I spent money on something that I still can't use as advertised.

I agree with you but with 2 reservations: (1) Having worked in IT most my life, I learned never to believe estimated delivery dates unless there was as immovable required date behind them (tax software tends to be on time Wink) (2) we as users made demands for features that were given higher priority - reading layouts, search while typing. Unfortunately for me, these were not features I wanted more than the promised sharing of files and PBB's but Logos has yet to realize that they'd make oodles more money if they did what I want first. Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 570
Rev Chris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 11:21 AM | Locked

Just goes back to the theory that they should stop giving us projected dates for things that are too difficult to reasonably estimate.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 11:51 AM | Locked

Rev Chris:

Just goes back to the theory that they should stop giving us projected dates for things that are too difficult to reasonably estimate.

I don't see that solving the problem...you will get just as many people saying "Can you please give us an update or tell us SOMETHING about XYZ?" as you get now complaining about giving target dates and then missing them.

Posts 31
J. Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2011 12:23 PM | Locked

Well, I know lots and lots of people who are IT professionals, so I fully understand the timing that's involved with code work.  It's tedious, difficult, and takes very special attention to detail.  I understand this very well.  Nevertheless, I've made a ton of software purchases through the years, and never has a promised feature/patch gone over a year without being made available. 

As for your #2), I can see why you may have a reservation there.  But I only made the purchase based on the promise of PBB support.  I paid $...Logos didn't provide what I paid for.  I believe I've been lied to...and I don't like being lied to.

All that said, I think I've stated everything I needed/wanted to say.  Rant=officially over.

Page 1 of 5 (95 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS