Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:19 AM

I am doing a fresh install of my system after upgrading to Windows 7.  I will be using Logos 4 as my primary version, but I would like to have L3 on my system for PBBs and the Copy verses System Tray tool.

Does anyone know how best to install L3 AFTER L4?  I am assuming that I cannot simply point L3 to the resources in the L4 folder.  How should I best install and manage resources?

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 1605
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:27 AM

Libronix 3 and Logos 4 are separate programs and there are very few limitations about how you install them both on the same computer.  The big one is space.  Each needs its own resource folder since Logos 4 is quite willing to make changes to its resources folder without telling Libronix 3, which could have some unexpected results.  Default setup would be fine for both.

The problem is, of course, finding the disks for all you want for 3.0.  Are you thinking of a full setup, or just pbb's, bibles, and a few other things?

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:31 AM

Fred Greco:
Does anyone know how best to install L3 AFTER L4?  I am assuming that I cannot simply point L3 to the resources in the L4 folder.  How should I best install and manage resources?

You know...you might be able to, but since so many lbxlls resources have been replaced by logos4 resources, you wouldn't have a complete library.  Unless you have a resources backup for L3, you're gonna have to scrounge for resources from the original install disks and from the Logos ftp site.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1605
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:53 AM

Near the end of the Beta run, Bob P suggested pointing 3.0 at the 4.0 files, but that was quickly corrected by Brad as being a terrible idea.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 10:21 AM

So if I have a backup of my Resources folder of L3, I should just be able to install, and then copy the L3 Resources folder over to the appropriate location (the Program Files tree) and then L3 will discover them?

If this works, the only downside is another 7GB of resources on my PC, right?  (that is not a big deal for me)

Fred Greco

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 10:23 AM

Fred Greco:

So if I have a backup of my Resources folder of L3, I should just be able to install, and then copy the L3 Resources folder over to the appropriate location (the Program Files tree) and then L3 will discover them?

If this works, the only downside is another 7GB of resources on my PC, right?  (that is not a big deal for me)

You've got it.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 10:29 AM

Todd Phillips:

Fred Greco:

You've got it.

Thanks, Todd!

Fred Greco

Posts 25035
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:12 AM

Fred Greco:

Try backup and restore using http://community.logos.com/forums/t/3374.aspx

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS